Fwd: Happy New Year 2005 to all...

  • balancing_life
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2004
      --- In heartmindsoul@yahoogroups.com, "balancing_life"
      <balancing_life@y...> wrote:

      ----- Original Message -----

      From: Chee Seng
      To: e-dhamma@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 1:27 AM
      Subject: [e-dhamma] Mahindarama for Tsunami Relief (update - 1/Jan)

      Dear all,

      Another BIG Sadhu to all your generous donation and contribution.

      As of to date 12.30 midnight we have managed to seal off 4 x 20-
      footer container of canned food, biscuits, milk-powder, clothes,
      power generators & etc. to Colombo.

      While waiting to get a consignee in Indonesia who can help us to
      receive the containers and distribute them to the Relief Center in
      Banda Aceh, we have decided to ship another 2x20-footer containers to
      Colombo.

      We have to apologize to all the generous donors who we have to turn
      their "Clothes" item because we truly could not receive these items
      any more in Mahindarama.

      Allow us some time to clear all our backlogs in re-packing the above
      items and load them into the container before we re-open our
      receiving again.

      If any of our subscriber in Indonesia can act as our consignee and
      distributor of the humanitarian aids for Banda Aceh, please contact
      us by providing your name, address and contact number. We have 2 x
      40-footer of rice, drinking water, clothes, canned food & etc. ready
      for delivery.

      Latest Schedule and Progress Updates:

      1st Sea Shipment – ETA Penang (1-Jan-05) ETD Colombo (9-Jan-05) …..
      COMPLETED

      2nd Sea Shipment – ETA Penang (?) ETD Medan (?) …… Pending Consignee
      in Indonesia

      3rd Sea Shipment – ETA Penang (5-Jan-05) ETD Colombo (13-Jan-05) …..
      COMPLETED

      4th Sea Shipment – ETA Penang (6-Jan-05) ETD Colombo (13-Jan-05) ……
      CONFIRMED

      5th Sea Shipment – ETA Penang (?) ETD Colombo (?) ….. via Nibong
      Tebal Paper Mill and staffs' collection

      Continuous Air Freight to Colombo from 2-Jan-05 onwards …. (Reserved
      for Medical Supplies)

      We have also pledge just now during our ASPIRATION NITE, a sum of
      RM10,000 to our Penang Island Tsunami Relief Fund to MERCY Malaysia.

      We like to thanks again the sub-committees which consists of the
      Buyers (Food, Clothing & Medicine), the Operation (Packing &
      contact providers, the helpers which round-up to be more than 500 in
      number working around the clock from 8.00 am to 12 midnight for the
      last 2 days.

      We wish that by the power of these meritorious deeds, may they
      continue to have faith in the Triple Gem and continue to serve
      mankind just like what our Master – Gotama the Buddha have done after
      His enlightenment for 45 years.

      SADHU! SADHU! SADHU!

      With Metta & Karuna,

      Chee Seng

      Mahindarama for Tsunami Relief Coordinator

      www.mahindarama.com
      --- End forwarded message ---