Urgent Help needed from Buddhists/layfollowers (version 2)

  • Ratana Mata
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
      Urgent Help needed from Buddhists/layfollowers (version 2)

      Merry meet layfollower and Blessed be.

      May we and all our relatives be safe and secure
      May we and all our relatives be happy at heart
      May we and all our relatives want to prevent and abandon doings that
      lead to someones downfall.
      May we and all our relatives want to do doings that lead to blessings.

      Hello my name is Ratanamata and I live in the Netherlands and I am
      facing a difficult time here therefore do I need your help urgently.
      For other readers there is a Sutta from the Buddha with his
      definition about layfollower and things that can be done by them in
      this letter.
      I need help with finding a Buddhist lawyer and a hermitage place to
      stay.
      Please help me or forward this letter to someone who can help me.

      And if you don't want to help, please don't respond at all; it is
      less painfull than if you refuse to help and wish me lots of goodwill
      or loving kindness or by being banned from people who state this as
      an opening line ; Better it is to walk alone: There is no fellowship
      with fools. Walk alone, harm none, and know no conflict; Be like a
      tusker in the woods alone." The Life of the Buddha by Bhikkhu
      Nanamoli, p.113

      The problem I need help with came to my attention when I was caught
      up by the police
      and brought to the police office for questioning. I was accused of
      sexual misconduct with a four year old. I took refugee to Yama. Yama
      is the deity that judges us at death and one of the questions he asks
      is if one saw the convicted criminal. If one didn't see it one can
      end up
      in hell. I don't see myself guilty of any of the charges; this is a
      undesirable situation for I am innocent, I tried to help and give an
      accurate statement of what had happened for the best of my ability.

      I was told that I would be hold in custody there for three days and
      then I would face a officer of justice and a judge-commissioner who
      would decide if I could be hold there longer for further
      investigation.
      The interrogation lasted one and a half day and after shortly before
      the second day was finished was I released. I was told the hearing
      could(!) be in half a year or so and that if I didn't went there then
      they have a name for that, there appears also the possibility that
      they would let go of it. I would get a letter. The detectives advised
      me not to return home, even if I was to be declared innocent later
      on. Thus I entered some sort of homeless state by accident. Homeless
      in the Netherlands is illegal and in my case one needs to have an
      address in order to get financial help for a lawyer. Because I just
      rebuild the dwelling(everything new inside) am I in debts. I am not
      registered there therefore am I in desperate need of an address.

      I need a buddhist lawyer who can help a four year old child to notice
      her own behavior in the past. The Buddha seemed to have recommended
      that a good buddhist knows the laws of his country and I because I
      had other things to do in the past I failed in that. But now it comes
      all at once and it's a lot, but on the other hand it's a great
      opportunity to get to know it anyway. I contacted a lawyer who is
      specialized in this area in Alkmaar but to me he doesn't appear as
      one endowed with Buddhist virtues.

      I am not content with any help. It has to be help from a layfollower
      according to the Sutta below where a member of the Sakyan clan asks
      the Buddha a question. I also prefer Uposatha observers.
      And in order to make this more clear do I want to make an attempt to
      a small roar; "There were no hermits found in the Thai-, Mahathera-,
      Pali-, Mahayana-, Vajrayana-, Thera-, Japanese-, Reiki-, Zen- or
      Vietnamese
      traditions!"
      And as I am sending this letter I think that it is better if we don't
      meet at all.

      Because I tried to reformat the Sutta in its original state, I think
      of it as a new intellectual property and therefore the previous
      copyrights that hindered me in the giving and sharing of buddha's
      original teachings became invalid.

      Samyutta Nikaya 55.37. Mahanama. Original translator Rev. Bodhi.
      Boston,Wisdom publications ISBN 0-86171-168-8.

      Thus I have heard. On one occasion the Blessed One was dwelling among
      the Sakyans at Kapilavatthu in Nigroda's park. Then Mahanama the
      Sakyan approached the Blessed One, paid homage to him, sat down at
      one side and said to him:
      "Venerable sir, in what way in one a layfollower?"
      "When Mahanama, one has gone for refuge to the Buddha, the Dhamma and
      the Sangha, one is then a layfollower."
      "In what way, venerable sir, is a layfollower accomplished in virtue?"
      "When Mahanama, a layfollower abstains from destruction of life, from
      taking what is not given, from sexual misconduct, from false speech,
      and from wines, liquor and intoxicants that are the basis for
      negligence, then a layfollower is accomplished in virtue."
      "In what way, venerable sir, is a layfollower accomplished in faith?"
      "Here Mahanama, a layfollower is a person of faith. He places his
      faith in the enlightenment of the Tathagata thus:"The Blessed One is
      an Arahant, perfectly enlightened, accomplished in true knowledge and
      conduct, fortunate, knower of the world, unsurpassed leader of
      persons to be tamed, teacher of devas and humas, the Enlightened One,
      the Blessed One." In that way a layfollower is accomplished in faith.
      "In what way, venerable sir, is a layfollower accomplished in
      generosity?"
      "Here, Mahanama, a layfollower dwells at home with a mind devoid of
      the stain of stinginess, freely generous, open handed, delighting in
      relinquishment, one devoted to charity, delighting in giving and
      sharing. In that way a lay follower is accomplished in generosity."
      "In what way, venerable sir, is a lay follower accomplished in
      wisdom?"
      "Here Mahanama, a layfollower is wise, he possesses wisdom directed
      to arising and passing away, which is noble and penetrative, leading
      to the complete destruction of suffering. In that way a layfollower
      is accomplished in wisdom."

      So please help me or forward this letter to someone who can help me.
      Again, I am looking for a Buddhist lawyer and a living place in the
      Netherlands where I can register so that I can get financial aid to
      finance the lawyer. I prefer a solitary place in the woods.
      Thank you.

      R.Huis in `t veld
      Postbus 432
      5500 AK Veldhoven
      Netherlands

      Banknumbers :
      IBANnr : NL87ABNA0430151314
      BICnr: ABNANL2A
      (accountnr: 430151314)

      May all beings be safe and secure
      May all beings be happy at heart
      May all beings want to prevent and abandon doings that lead to
      someones downfall.
      May all beings want to do doings that lead to blessings.

      Ratanamata
    • D K F
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
        --- In shinlist@yahoogroups.com, "Ratana Mata" <Mayallbehappy@m...>
        wrote:

        ...I was accused of sexual misconduct with a four year old.

        <snip> I need a buddhist lawyer who can help a four year old child to
        notice her own behavior in the past.
        @_@

        *sigh* namuamidabutsu...

        Doreen/Shaku ni Myo Jun
      • Aaron (Shoren) Boone
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
          Hi Y'all,

          Was that messege legit? I recieved it in 2 of my groups. Very strange.

          Shoren

          wrote:

          ...I was accused of sexual misconduct with a four year old.

          <snip> I need a buddhist lawyer who can help a four year old child to
          notice her own behavior in the past.
          @_@

          *sigh* namuamidabutsu...

          Doreen/Shaku ni Myo Jun

          KAN ZE ON
          NA MU BUTSU
          YO BUTSU U IN
          YO BUTSU U EN
          BU PO SO EN
          JO RAKU GA JO
          CHO NEN KAN ZE ON
          BO NEN KAN ZE ON
          NEN NEN JU SHIN KI
          NEN NEN FU RI SHIN

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • lotusaware
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
            Doesn't feel real to me - especially the way money was asked for.

            --- In shinlist@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron \(Shoren\) Boone"
            <shoren108@y...> wrote:
            > Hi Y'all,
            >
            > Was that messege legit? I recieved it in 2 of my groups. Very
            strange.

            > Shoren
          • Aaron (Shoren) Boone
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
              WOW! I totally missed that part of it! It just felt "off" and vaguely creepy.

              Shoren

              <shoren108@y...> wrote:
              > Hi Y'all,

              > Was that messege legit? I recieved it in 2 of my groups. Very
              strange.

              > Shoren

              Kimyo Jinjippo Mugeko Nyorai

              Namu Daiji Daihi Kanzeon Bosatsu