Re: [shinlist] pure land = pure mind

  • leftcoast1962@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2004
      AOL Email
      In a message dated 3/31/2004 2:33:39 PM Pacific Standard Time, shinlist@yahoogroups.com writes:
      Will the Japanese Shin churches be just that and we will have another set for non-Japanese?
      When I attended my local BCA temple I really liked the chanting in japanese and the songs in japanese. It was difficult to understand the sermon frequently, but I could get beyond that. but after a year or so of going fairly regularly there were still only about 3 people who spoke to me. Other than that I seemed to be invisible. I guess the fact that I wanted to be spoken to was my ego-in-action. But I was disappointed and disillusioned by my perception that nobody really cared if I was there or not. So, I stopped going and so far as I know I've not been missed. For me, this is the cultural barrier that is the most difficult to overcome. Humbly; Leftcoast