re: pure land here & now

  • leftcoast1962@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31 11:41 PM
      AOL Email
      I am with you on that one, Mark. The "pure land" is here and now, just a matter of point of view
      I am glad to hear others with this point of view, which is what I have always felt. My memory is fading but I believe I asked this question of Alfred Bloom many years ago [on his internet sangha]. And, the answer I recall getting was that the Pure Land was absolutely not in this world and was specifically a place you go when you die. So, I guess I'm still processing that in terms of trying to get a feel for where I am in relation to others of the Shin Buddhist fold. All of that said it all boils down to my seeking validation, which is an ego-centric exercise. If I would just follow the Buddha Within these things would work themselves out. By the way, I'm in Seattle, anyone nearby? Leftcoast.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004

        In a message dated 4/1/04 2:46:06 AM, leftcoast1962@... writes:

        By the way, I'm in Seattle, anyone nearby? Leftcoast.

        Isn't there a Shin temple in Seattle led by Rev. Don Castro (who is not Japanese)?

        gassho,
        Rick S
        (Shaku Egen)
      • Doreen Kamada-Fujii
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
          --- In shinlist@yahoogroups.com, Shin02143@a... wrote:

          > In a message dated 4/1/04 2:46:06 AM, leftcoast1962@a... writes:
          >

          > > By the way, I'm in Seattle, anyone nearby? Leftcoast.
          > >

          > Isn't there a Shin temple in Seattle led by Rev. Don Castro (who is
          not
          > Japanese)?
          >
          > gassho,
          > Rick S