3401Re: new Member Seb Hiroshi

  • Robert Garvey
    Nov 1, 2006
      One of my favorite passages from all of Shinran's writings is from Notes on Essentials of Faith Alone.

      "To abandon the mind of self-power" admonishes the various and diverse kinds of people - master of Hinayana or Mahayana, ignorant beings good or evil - to abandon the conviction that one is good, to cease relying on the self; to stop reflecting knowingly on one's evil heart, and further to abandon the judging of people as good and bad.

      --- In shinlist@yahoogroups.com, "seb_hiroshimakoto" <seb_hiroshimakoto@...> wrote:

      > I just finish reading the On Essential of Faith Alone...from the
      > collected works os our beloved teacher.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic