2900Re: one more quetion, please

  • Oelund Fairking
    Nov 2, 2005
      Hi Rick,

      The reason I asked the qiestion is because I am trying to learn more
      about Jodo Shinshu through a reverend and he asked me to give a
      detailed analysis of jinshin. I also felt the terms were pretty
      interchangable, that jinshin was more or less the mental attitude
      towards the tenets of faith, and so went into dteail about what
      those tenets were. He told me they were not interchangable but
      represented unique concepts. When I went to the net to see if I
      could find more references to jinshin I found very little material.
      Hence I addressed this group hoping there would be folks with a
      greater opprotunity and more acsess to information than I had to
      help me understand the concept.

      In Gassho,

      Ryk

      --- In shinlist@yahoogroups.com, Shin02143@a... wrote:

      > In a message dated 11/1/05 8:42:33 PM, lotusaware@y... writes:
      >

      > > They may have been used interchangeablly in Shinran's time but
      in modern
      > > times I believe
      > > that there is a difference - shinjin focussing on faith and
      jinshin
      > > focussing on compassion,
      > > similar but not the same.
      > >

      > I do not read Chinese or Japanese. I am just passing along what
      Rev. Nakagaki
      > said to me, that shinjin and jinshin were used interchangeably by
      Shinran. Is
      > there
      > a point to this discussion? :)
      >
      > gassho,