2899Re: [shinlist] Re: one more quetion, please

  • Clifton Ong
    Nov 2, 2005
      Hi,
      i think when you mean "jinshin [M" it means "Deep
      Faith", as in the "Two Kinds of Deep Faith “ñŽí[M"
      in Shan-dao's "Commentary on the Contemplation Sutra".
      In the Kyogyoshinsho Shinran Shonin uses it to explain
      Shinjin MS.
      Gassho

      --- Shin02143@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 11/1/05 8:42:33 PM,
      > lotusaware@... writes:
      >

      > > They may have been used interchangeablly in
      > Shinran's time but in modern
      > > times I believe
      > > that there is a difference - shinjin focussing on
      > faith and jinshin
      > > focussing on compassion,
      > > similar but not the same.
      > >

      > I do not read Chinese or Japanese. I am just passing
      > along what Rev. Nakagaki
      > said to me, that shinjin and jinshin were used
      > interchangeably by Shinran. Is
      > there
      > a point to this discussion? :)
      >
      > gassho,
      > Rick

      Gassho, Clifton Dodatsu Ong (Rev)

      Email: sanath_sg@...

      Homepage: http://shinmission_sg.tripod.com/index.html

      "Other Power is none other than the Tathagatha's Primal Vow" - Kyogyoshinsho

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic