2897Re: one more quetion, please

  • lotusaware
    Nov 1, 2005
      They may have been used interchangeablly in Shinran's time but in modern times I believe
      that there is a difference - shinjin focussing on faith and jinshin focussing on compassion,
      similar but not the same. It also would depend on the relationship of the characters and
      their nuances; also I would want to know if the characters of the two "words" are the same
      or different and how they are placed with respect to each other.

      Anyone have access to the actual characters in modern chinese (with classical overtones)?

      --- In shinlist@yahoogroups.com, Shin02143@a... wrote:

      > I believe jinshin and shinjin are the same, used interchangeably
      > by Shinran, or so Rev. Nakagaki once told me.
      >
      > gassho,
      > Rick

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic