1782Re: The Bodhisattvic Return

  • Robert Garvey
    Aug 16 8:36 PM
      --- In shinlist@yahoogroups.com, "Ray King" <rayking63@y...> wrote:
      > I found this essay in "Living in Amida's Universal Vow" to be very
      > helpful.
      >
      > "Shinjin is the Eternal Now" by Omine Akira

      There are a couple of articles by Akira Omine
      published by the Center for Contemporary Shin
      Buddhists Studies and available for download
      as PDF files att the IBS on-line reading room
      (http://www.shin-ibs.edu/library2.htm)

      Religion and Language: The Soteriological
      Significance of Religious Language

      Jodo Shinshu in the 21st Century: A Return to the
      Starting Point of Religion

      Reverend Omine will be speaking at the Berkeley
      Buddhist Temple at 2121 Channing Way this Sunday,
      August 22nd at 9:30am. The talk will be given in
      Japanese with English translation by Dr. David
      Matsumoto of IBS.

      in gassho,

      Robert
    • Show all 35 messages in this topic