Re: [Shin Buddhist Forum] Re: a couple of questions

  • shin02143@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2005
      Yuho,
      I agree with you. deep hearing isn't a practice. I think of it as a
      natural
      process of Amida's vow working in me. I don't do anything, except
      watch reruns of Law & Order (new episodes too) occasionally compose
      music, play the piano, go to my job and possibly work, but I don't have
      a dog. Where did I go wrong? lol
      gassho,
      Rick

      <<<becoming aware of the "depth" of my blind passions (through the
      working of Amida's Vow) I also am made aware of the true intent of
      the Vow, i.e. to save a foolish being such as me.
      Although some would like to refer to "deep hearing" as an actual
      practice (to be practiced by the shin adept)...I can't fully support
      that notion. To me all practice required for Birth has been
      fulfilled, there is nothing that needs to be contributed on my part.
      But hey, that's just me.

      > Second...
      >
      > What would be a good daily routine for a Shin practicioner? Some
      sort
      > of standard ritual, but nothing elaborate?

      daily routine of average Shin Buddhist

      Get up in the morning
      Let the dogs out
      Have breakfast
      Let the dogs out
      Take kid to school
      Let the dogs out
      Do some work
      Let the dogs out
      Have lunch
      Let the dogs out
      Do some work
      Let the dogs out
      Get kid from school
      Let the dogs out
      Have dinner
      Let the dogs out
      Watch five re-runs of Law and Order (while of course contemplating
      the deeper meaning and subtleties of the Buddha Dharma...and using
      the commercials to let the dogs out)
      Go to bed

      But whatever you do...don't fall into mere repetition

      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > --Michael

      You're welcome...

      Gassho,

      Yuho (on Jishin's computer)>>>

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • --Michael
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2005
        Sounds remarkably like Zen. Simply lead an ordinary life.

        --Michael

        [snip]

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs