RE: [shillelagh] left vs right

  • Maxime Chouinard
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2007
      John Ramsay answered this to me : if you train your off hand you lose time you could have practice with your leading hand. If your leading hand gets smashed and you must use your off, youre finished as you already lost using your stronger hand, your off hand is not gonna do better, and probably will do worse. And of course in two handed this does not have much bearing.

      Left handed people have the advantage of surprising opponents wich are not trained to counter left handed techniques.Maxime Chouinardhttp://quebec.shinkendo.ca
      www.graspe.ca

      To: shillelagh@yahoogroups.comFrom: cead_bua@...: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:28:59 -0400Subject: Re: [shillelagh] left vs right

      Wel, mine is a two-handed style, so I'm guessing thisis addressed to the one-handed practitioners.Glen--- bakuebler <bakuebler@...> wrote:> I'm kinda curious about something. When you guys> are practicing, do > you always use just one hand, or do you switch back> and forth? Is > there a definite advantage or difference when> sparring a right handed > person against a left handed person?> I'm pretty green and haven't had any sparring> experience other than > hand to hand, and I did notice a bit of a difference> the one time I got > to spar a leftie. I noticed that I had some> advantages, but I also had > some very clear disadvantages:)> > Sincerely,Public RelationsCead Bua Fighting Factionwww.fightingfaction.comBe smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca