... aluminum on my lathe easily, and even steel with some care. But plunge milling aluminum even at 1 inch/min. just hangs. I machine aluminum, steel, andelizabethagreene
When I need to machine stainless steel I use 303. It machines easily and leaves a good finish using tool steal cutters.. Doug Rundell Billy Bob's Beer, Bait &rundell_doug
Glad to hear you guys do not have problems machining steel. I can turn aluminum on my lathe easily, and even steel with some care. But plunge millingclaytoncramer
P.S. We require membership approval. When you sign up, please mention something to do with machining, Sherline, CNC or anything that isn't generic. If you say "Please add me to the group" then we can't tell if you're a spammer or somebody actually interested in the group. Using generic statements, your request to join will almost certainly be rejected.
- May 20, 2003
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.