Review: Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?

  • Nicholas W. Shephard Sr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2007
      Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?

      Surely for women who are looking for a way to justify what they are
      doing and their
      reasons for being so hard on men. And for men who are looking for a
      way to blame women for their lower self esteem.

      Denise Boutte
      Trina
      Sharon Leal
      Dianne
      Jill Scott
      Sheila
      Malik Yoba
      Gavin Janet Jackson
      Patricia
      Tyler Perry
      Terry
      Tasha Smith
      Angela Richard T. Jones
      Mike
      Lamman Rucker
      Troy
      Michael Jai White
      Marcus

      The beginning of the movie opens with no stimulation to the viewer
      who may think that dreams may come true or for those who are looking
      for a sigh of relief to their question, "….do I really love
      him/her…?." Well, after you see this movie you will know that it
      isn't all that bad as far as for those who look at themselves as
      victims in a relationship. But my girl "Jill Scott!!!!! ", she
      should get a nomination for her character for how she played out the
      way she bounced back from being that beautiful heavy set young woman
      who would do anything for her husband who has been put her down, soon
      to be Ex-husband, to falling into a man's arms who really loved her
      for who she was and not for the way she appeared on the outside by
      those who just don't understand how love works. Janet Jackson is my
      dream wife and movie wife so I will be careful on what I say about
      her character other than she has grown into a very beautiful actress
      and put it down by setting the stage for the whole movie. Janet's
      role was the problem solver for her married friends neglecting the
      fact that her own marriage was in the downward motion. Janet's
      character was strong, even though her strength seemed to fall apart
      once she faced that without her husband her life wouldn't be a
      successful as it now is. Janet, beautiful!!!!! Tyler Perry, big
      transition from Ma'dear to a loving understanding husband who thinks
      rationally about everything and will let it all go for his own
      happiness and comfort. Tyler's character is very understanding and
      laid back. For the remainder of the cast all in all… Good work….. But
      I fell asleep within the first 20 minutes of the movie… (I'm not a
      love story or women movie sort of guy………