Re: [shasta_birders] Flammulated & Short-eared Owls

  • B & C Yutzy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2004
      This is the regular spot we get them at on our breeding bird road count in
      late May or early June. Glad Rob also had success there. I think it is the
      best spot in the county so far.

      By the way, we checked Parkville Cemetery in the mid morning today and it
      was dead (Ha Ha!)

      Also, I talked to Ken Able from Fall River by email last night and he
      mentioned that Short-eared Owls (as of one week ago) are still at Rat Farm
      Road area at dusk - so they are probably breeding there. Just a heads up
      and an FYI.

      Bob & Carol Yutzy
      Shasta, California