SP 2001 and SSL

  • Kevin M Muller
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2004
      I know there are issues with using SPS 2003 and SSL. Does this problem occur in SPS 2001 also? If not, has anyone successfully implimented SPS 01 with SSL?

    • BobFilipiak
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2004
        Don't know about problems with SPS 2003 and SSL but we have been running a
        SPS 2001 server for a couple of years and our External Access site uses SSL
        and there are no problems. The secret is to read everything in the 'Extranet
        White Paper' so you understand the requirements. We have two separate IP
        addresses, one for the internal portal that uses
        http://servernetbiosname/portal/ and the second ip is assigned to our
        external Fully Qualified Domain Name and has the SSL certificate. We used
        the configuration tool (spsconfig.wsf available at
        http://download.microsoft.com/download/SharePointPortalServer/Utility/1/NT5/EN-US/spsextranet.exe)
        to setup our external site and have had no problems.

        Bob Filipiak
        A question not asked
        is a lost opportunity to learn.