New site creation in version 2

  • Khader
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1 1:01 AM
      I am trying to create a new portal in the sps beta 2 , it gives me a message
      saying

      Setup has detected that FrontPage Server Extensions or SharePoint Team
      Services 1.0 is installed on the default virtual server. These must be
      removed before Windows SharePoint Services can provision the sites on the
      virtual server. For information about uninstalling FrontPage Server
      Extensions or SharePoint Team Services 1.0 and using smigrate to migrate any
      site content currently on the default virtual server, see stsread.htm on
      your Windows SharePoint CD.

      i checked the Admin console of iis and the sharepoint, there is no frontpage
      extensions installed nor any sharepoint 1.0
      all i got is sharepoint beta 2 version

      any ideas what i need to do or am i missing something

      Thanks and Regards,

      M A Khader
      Senior Developer

      G09, Building No 9
      Dubai Internet City
      Dubai
      UAE

      Phone : (971) 50 7145348 (Mobile)
      (971) 4 3911784 (Office)
      Email : Khader@...
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1 3:22 AM
        I'm getting the same error and would appreciate any
        help. Thanks,.
        --- Khader <khader@...> wrote:
        ---------------------------------
[...]

        Terms of Service.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
        61:HM/A=1513703/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_06F/g22lp?T
        arget=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1513703/rand=105555225>

        Terms of Service
        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        Terms of Service.

        =====
        *****
        Vaughn Fox

        vfox@...
        ********************

      • Bil Simser
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1 6:53 AM
          I would check the Add/Remove programs option and the Windows components
          section. I don't believe the Admin console shows FP extensions on the
          IIS server. The installation documentation for SPS2 has instructions on
          how it prefers IIS to be setup and mentions specifically to uncheck the
          FP extensions option in the IIS setup. Uncheck this option in the
          Add/Remove programs option and it will be uninstalled.

          ---
          Bil Simser
          BSG Development Services
          Canadian Pacific Railway
          (403) 319-7987

[...]

          Service
          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1705
          016061:HM/A=1513703/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_06F
          /g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egrou
          pmail/S=:HM/A=1513703/rand=769641767>

          ------------------------------ IMPORTANT NOTICE - AVIS IMPORTANT ------------------------------

          Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. Recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Sender and sender company accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

          This email transmission and any accompanying attachments contain confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please immediately delete it and notify sender at the above email address.

          Le courrier electronique peut etre porteur de virus informatiques. Le destinataire doit donc passer le present courriel et les pieces qui y sont jointes au detecteur de virus. L'expediteur et son employeur declinent toute responsabilite pour les dommages causes par un virus contenu dans le courriel.

          Le present message et les pieces qui y sont jointes contiennent des renseignements confidentiels destines uniquement a la personne ou a l'organisme nomme ci-dessus. Toute diffusion, distribution, reproduction ou utilisation comme reference du contenu du message par une autre personne que le destinataire est formellement interdite. Si vous avez recu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez le detruire immediatement et en informer l'expediteur a l'adresse ci-dessus.

          ------------------------------ IMPORTANT NOTICE - AVIS IMPORTANT ------------------------------

        • Wayne Hall
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 1 7:24 AM
            I had this problem as well. I had installed FrontPage 2002 Extensions
            when installing IIS (through Add/Remove programs and windows
            components), then installed sharepoint v2, then got this error.

            I uninstalled the FP 2002 extension option and retried, but couldn't get
            past the error. I spent a good 2hrs on this.

            I ended up uninstalling sharepoint, rebooting, uninstalling IIS,
            rebooting, re-running windows update, rebooting, installing IIS (withOUT
            fp 2002 extensions, but with ASP.NET), rebooting, re-running windows
            update, rebooting, then installing sharepoint.

            Since then, I have been the happiest camper you've ever seen.
            Sharepoint V2 is incredible. It is *exactly* what I wanted in
            Sharepoint V1. I'm seriously considering running this BETA in
            production because so far it's been a lot more stable than my V1
            installation. Check this group and the msgroup for how many times I've
            complained and begged for some insight into why SPS v1 is so flaky.

            ------------------------------

[...]

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1705
            016061:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egrou
            pmail/S=:HM/A=1457554/rand=335812504>

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • Hollis
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 1 8:12 AM
              I got the impression that one should not put the portal on the default web site. The readme file specifically said to cancel the first opportunity to create a portal, as it would probably not work anyway, and then to go create a new Virtual Web Server, using the IIS Management Console, and to build your portal there.

              Hollis

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 1 8:28 AM
                I should say then... that I left out a crucial step in my detail. The
                first time, I did try to connect to Default Web Site and the second time
                I created a virtual site called "TManage Internal" and pointed it to a
                different wwwroot directory.

                Thanx for pointing that out Hollis.

                016061:HM/A=1513704/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_02F
                /g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egrou
                pmail/S=:HM/A=1513704/rand=444844568>

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 1 9:15 PM
                  Hi

                  i also had done the whole stuff what wayne has gone thru
                  installed reinstalled sharepoint 3 times , after that it started working
                  fine without anyporblem
                  today i am trying to configure the portal site and check whats in there diff
                  frm sp v1
                  i would post what exactly i had gone thru and what things i had changed and
                  also what things are there in sp v2
                  thanks all ppl for ur postings

                  Thanks and Regards,

                  M A Khader
                  Senior Developer

                  G09, Building No 9
                  Dubai Internet City
                  Dubai
                  UAE

                  Phone : (971) 50 7145348 (Mobile)
                  (971) 4 3911784 (Office)
                  Email : Khader@...

[...]

                  l/S=:HM/A=1513704/rand=412759951>

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 2 5:15 AM
                    After the creation of portal when i click on the url it says cannot connect
                    to the configuration database.
                    the Administration page is working fine which goes to site settings where i
                    can change the logo manage content but as soon as i try to return
                    to the portal site it gives me the same error , can some guide me whats
                    worng with my installation

                    Thanks and Regards,

                    M A Khader
                    Senior Developer

[...]