Form Validation error in SP 2003

  • Dan Stevens
    Message 1 of 27 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hello,
      I just started getting today a form Vaildation Error when trying to upload a Microsoft word doc as usually to a doc library. I get the Form Validation Error and this message:
      "
      Unable to update the information in the Microsoft Office document Document Library/Infrastructure/Server Builds/Production Servers/srvbldchk.doc."

      It just wontlet me upload. Any ideals?

      Thanks
      Indiana

    • Arulvel Rajan

        Message 3 of 27 , Jun 1, 2007
          Ok if not what else should I check. I am not for sure if I know how to look at thge logs.

          Thanks in advance!
          Indiana

          Arulvel Rajan <arulvel_rajan@...> wrote: I guess the content database should be full....check your sql server logs...

              Message 6 of 27 , Jun 1, 2007
                Thanks...I will try this and let you know.

                DS

                Saurabh Dhall <dhallsaurabh@...> wrote: check quota..or site storage usage capacity...these are the options in central admin...however quota option is in the site settings...

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                    Anyone have any more thought on this? The error is " Form Validation Error , Please correct the information you provided by following these steps, then submit again"
                    Unable to update the information in the Microsoft Office Document EP Document Library/Infra/Servrbuilds/prod.sheet/nameofdocument.doc"

                    Is there anyway I can fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

                    Thanks,
                    Indiana

                    Dan Stevens <dannys93@...> wrote: I looked and had plenty of room with sequel and this is happening when I try to upload any document. Any more thoughts or steps I can do to fix, resolve or investigate?

                    Thanks in advance!
                    Indiana

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                        Dan- I guess this issue should be nailed down... mostly this has to deal with database size, limits and compatibility level and proper file name......

                        Please look at the below workarounds-
                        http://wss.collutions.com/Lists/FAQ/DispForm.aspx?ID=243
                        http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;894629

                        Something that you could test is to
                        -upload some other file in a different document folder...
                        - check for the size limit of the file you are trying to upload

                          Message 12 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                            OK ..FYI I was not able to load the document into the document library at all, but I could load it into a site. The doc is just a word document no special characters or anything.
                            Thanks for your continuing help!

                            Dan

                            Arulvel Rajan <arulvel_rajan@...> wrote: Dan- I guess this issue should be nailed down... mostly this has to deal with database size, limits and compatibility level and proper file name......

                            Message 13 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                              Alright..please confirm if you've done this as I dont really understand your tests-
                              - did u upload different file with different name of mimimum size succssfully?
                              -now, did u try to upload your 'original' file to a different library?

                              The last thing that I could guess might be, the doc library you are trying to upload the file might be corrupted... not sure if this really helps...

                              Message 14 of 27 , Jun 5, 2007
                                OK cool it works now. The whole reason was the dang document was built in office 97. I converted it to 2003 and it worked just fine.

                                My next question is how do I remove a user completely out of Sharepoint? She was jill smith and got married and now is jill joe. So when I try to add her after completly removing her(or atleast what I thought removed her) it says I cant add this user as she already exists.?

                                This should be my last problem.

                                Message 15 of 27 , Jun 6, 2007
                                  Good. Remove here from site collection administration page and add her back again...

                                  Steps-

                                  1. Use on of the following methods to connect to the Manage Site Collection Users page: • To connect to the Manage Site Collection Users page of the portal site, type the following address in the address bar of your Web browser, and then press ENTER: http://ServerName/_layouts/1033/Siteusrs.aspx
                                  Note The Manage Site Collection Users page is not revealed in the SharePoint Portal Server 2003 user interface. You have to manually connect to the page. • To connect to the Manage Site Collection Users page of a Windows SharePoint Services Web site that is hosted on the portal site, type the following address in the address bar of your Web browser, and then press ENTER: http://ServerName/Sites/SiteName/_layouts/1033/Siteusrs.aspx
                                  2. Click to select the check box that is next to the name of the user who you want to remove, and then click Remove Selected Users.

                                  Note If more than 100 users are in the site collection, the user may not be listed on the current page. To view additional users, scroll to the bottom of the list of users, and then click Next. 3. Click OK when you are prompted to confirm the removal.

                                  Dan Stevens <dannys93@...> wrote: OK cool it works now. The whole reason was the dang document was built in office 97. I converted it to 2003 and it worked just fine.