search Exchange 5.5 and 2000

  • Jean-Nicolas Vollmer
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2002
      Hi Sharepoint experts,

      I'm wondering what can exactly be done to search inside Exchange 5.5
      Information Store and Exchange 2000 WSS with SharePoint.
      I'd like the users to be able to search public folders (I know this is
      possible) and their personnal mailboxes (ie : Inbox, Sent Items, Calendar,
      Contacts...).
      I managed to index a personal mailbox with Exchange 2000. I did the following
      : add a new content source of type Exchange 2000 public folders and change
      the url from http://server/public to http://server/exchange.
      But I have 2 problems :
      - the administrator must have access rights to all mailboxes on the Exchange
      server (how to do that?). At the moment I can only index
      http://server/exchange/administrator
      - the search doesn't seem to include anything from the calendar or the
      contacts. Does anyoe know what is indexed exactly ?

      I will try to do the same with an Exchange 5.5 server, any successful
      experience ?

      Another question : is it Ok to install Exchange Server 5.5 (for testing) on
      the same server as SPS (Windows 2000 Server) ?

      Thanks for your help

      Jean-Nicolas