1PSYCHOANALYZING PHARAOH, by Maria Hussain

  • Israel Shamir
    Nov 3, 2002
      PSYCHOANALYZING PHARAOH

      By Maria Hussain

      This paper attempts to address the question: Have the Jews gone mad? Or have
      they always been this way and I am just now realizing it? I decided that,
      instead of vainly disputing, that I would really try and understand the
      Jewish point of view in American politics. This is no easy task to
      undertake, considering the resistance one faces when asking a Jew about his
      Zionism. But the more I learn the less I comprehend. I have been forced to
      conclude that today's Zionist, with his ethical and reasonable outward
      persona, is covering up a serious case of paranoid schizophrenia, denial,
      delusions of grandeur, and projection. Many of these people actually believe
      they are the direct descendants of King David.

      An American of German ancestry whose father grew up in Nazi Germany in a
      little town 30 miles from the Czech border, I feel an intense need to help
      the Jews avoid the pit that the Germans fell into before. Today we commonly
      ask, "How could the Good Germans remain silent during the Holocaust? How
      could they live in denial? Although a few did risk their lives to reach out
      to those against whom the Nazi violence was directed, the vast majority of
      German citizens were patriotic citizens.

      Technically, wiping out a civilization is called "genocide." So, what is the
      difference between a Jewish supporter of Israel and a German supporter of
      the Aryan Nation? The difference is that unlike in the 1930s and 40s, today
      there is no barrier to receiving accurate news reports from the siege on
      Occupied Palestine. One is not forced to rely on censored corporate media.
      There is no Jew or Gentile who could honestly say they had no way of knowing
      what the Jewish homeland was doing to the West Bank. If he does not know, it
      is because he does not care to know.

      The Germans, by contrast, had very little access to public information
      except via government-controlled radio. A memorial in Munich, Germany
      remembers a professor and a few college students who were executed by the
      Nazi regime for throwing fliers out of the classroom window publicizing the
      war crimes of their government.

      Today I see the Jews, at far less risk of peril for speaking out than what
      would have faced an outspoken Nazi opponent, remaining in denial about the
      erasing of Palestine from the map. It is something they simply never wish to
      discuss. We are all supposed to then simply believe that the land "came to
      be known as Israel." (Quote from a children's textbook)

      In Zionist discourse, Israeli soldiers only shoot civilians inadvertently,
      while Palestinian terrorists aim for any and all civilians. Israel maintains
      its stance not to harm Arab civilians, and they do not budge from this
      standpoint. It does not matter that Israeli soldiers not only fire randomly
      into people's living quarters but also engage in sharp-shooting, while
      suicide bombers actually prefer to target buses laden with soldiers.

      Even seemingly objective news reports like the following show that in order
      for Israel to feel at peace, one must never, ever state the obvious:
      "Palestinian Authority textbooks still present Israel as a usurper of Arab
      lands and fail to convey a message of reconciliation with Israel." As if
      Israel had ever stopped invading and usurping Arab lands!

      A letter to the editor of The Jewish State, a local New Jersey newspaper,
      states: "Unless and until the Palestinians stop teaching their children the
      virtues of jihad, martyrdom, and the destruction of Israel, the Palestinian
      children, cute as they are, remain my virulent enemy and I will not spend
      much time lamenting their demise if and when they are taken out as
      collateral damage."

      By what sad standards of debate today's Zionists use to justify the
      assassinations, mass arrests, blockades, and deprivation of the Palestinian
      people! Helplessly, the world watches as some of the best and brightest of
      our generation are simply 'knocked off,' not by a random act of terror but
      by the painstaking deliberations of the state military apparatus. Yet even
      though Israeli bulldozers mow down village after village, while the people
      are shot if they go outside, the forces of destruction proclaim pure
      innocence!

      How can it be that this monster who seethes with hate and feels no remorse,
      can perceive himself as reasonable, ethical and moral? The Zionist has
      declared himself to have "natural and historical rights" to take over a
      certain piece of land whether anyone likes it or not. Yet he continually
      feels that he is the one who has been wronged, that his violence is always
      and only provoked by the other. But what is at the heart of it all? How do
      we psychoanalyze this monster?

      My childhood taught me the inner workings of the tyrant ruler. My beloved
      mother will herself admit that she was a dictator over her house and family.
      She tolerated no disobedience, demanded perfection, and was never satisfied.
      At times she worked herself into a fury, abusing everyone around her with
      her stress. After she got done blowing off steam, she would inevitably
      crumple into heartwrenching sobs, crying that nobody loved her, that she
      hated herself, that she hated her life, and all the world which made her
      feel unworthy. Her abusive behaviour stemmed from a deep lack of
      self-esteem.

      I came upon an essay written by a fourth grader in a New Jersey Hebrew
      School that revealed to me the innocence within the monster. "Why do people
      treat Israel as if she is less important than other countries?...I cannot
      answer why people would treat any country as if it counts as less than
      another...We need to stretch out our hands to pull the Israelis from the pit
      into which the terrorists have thrown them. We must also show the terrorists
      that we will not allow them to take over our country."

      What becomes clear is that when they say "peace" it does not mean friendship
      and harmony. Their peace equals our defeat. Their prayer for peace is a
      prayer for the Palestinians to give up hope of going home. We are supposed
      to forgive without receiving an apology and just accept, as one Jewish
      activist explained to me, "It's not that Israel is trying to destroy
      Palestinian lives. It is just trying to exist, and to defend itself against
      suicide bombers." Well, throwing aside the "suicide bombers" clich?, the
      absurdity of the "merely trying to exist" argument is worth contemplating.

      The Israeli Declaration of Independence refers to "the sovereign Jewish
      people settled in its own land." I found it curious that the founders of the
      Jewish state proclaimed as sovereign over the land not the Lord God but
      themselves. The land belongs not to God, but to the colonists with their
      proclaimed "natural and historical right" to take possession of it. The
      entire argument for rebuilding the Temple also seems to revolve around the
      idea that this will show the world that the Jews are really something. There
      is seldom any mention that the Temple would be a place for the glorification
      of God's name.

      But is this a struggle for Jewish supremacy or a struggle to be as good as
      other nations? Here the internal confusion of the Jewish psyche becomes
      clear. The document states: "This right is the natural right of the Jewish
      people to be masters of their own fate, like all other nations, in their own
      sovereign State." But what country, or person, is a master of his own
      destiny? Surely a Believing Jew understands that nations are subject to the
      vicissitudes of time and that God alone is the master of destiny. On one
      hand, Jews declare their absolute uniqueness, and then they declare that
      they want to be like everyone else. It is grotesque self-delusion. Seeking
      high-class status by lawlessly taking over people's property is not a worthy
      expression of self-respect. It is rather a psychotic display of deep
      self-disrespect.

      In his delusions of grandeur, the Zionist, like the Pharaoh before him, has
      proclaimed himself as a god above reproach. Jabotinsky wrote: "To the
      hackneyed reproach that this point of view is unethical, I answer,
      'absolutely untrue.' This is our ethic. There is no other ethic." (1923)
      Muslims never get tired of reminding Jews about the Pharaoh, because he was
      a sign from God that the arrogant will be brought low. For Pharaoh is
      described as one who "transgressed beyond bounds in the lands, and heaped
      therein mischief (on mischief). Therefore did thy Lord pour on them a
      scourge of diverse chastisements" (89:11) The Quranic Pharaoh is symbolic
      for any civilization that God destroys for rejecting the Truth and living in
      habitual sin. Muslims consider the discovery of Pharaoh's mummy in 1898 at
      Thebes to be a warning specifically to the Jews from God.This Sign is the
      fulfilment of a Quranic prophecy where Allah says to the Pharaoh: "This day
      We (have decided to) preserve your body (from destruction) so that you may
      become a sign to (a people) who will come after you, for most people are
      heedless of Our signs" (10:92-93).

      Historical Palestine is negated by the mere existence of Israel. Genocide is
      however, not a crime if it is not done intentionally. It is merely an
      unintentional side-effect of protecting Israel's sovereignty. It is
      something that must be done without delay in order to implement the Zionist
      utopia. Jewish people around the world are praying and waiting for their
      inheritance of Biblical lands to finally be claimed in its entirety. Then,
      they believe, there can be peace on earth.

      The Zionist patterns of speech are fossilized phrases empty of content,
      revealing a society that is in denial to the point of being psychotic. Is
      the only way for Jews to get beyond their imagined second-class status is by
      declaring themselves God, making others into second-class citizens and
      founding a nation over their graves? This is what is considered the
      "redemption" of Israel?
      It is clear that the world should take note of the delusional and irrational
      behaviour of Israel's rulers.

      No country based on a racist ideology, which imposes a tyranny of one ethnic
      group over the others, has any need to exist as a nation among other
      nations. There is no reasonable justification for open dual citizenship for
      all Jews anywhere. The Jews can and should rather be loyal to their normal
      country of residence. We cannot wait for Israel to realize or admit that it
      needs help because it is out of control, endangering itself and others.
      Israel must be stopped.