SGFC

  • Rene Grothmann
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 1999
      >SGF spec: http://www.sbox.tu-graz.ac.at/home/h/hollosi/sgf/

      I tried to download the most recent version of SGFC, but it is not available.

      However, I am only vaguely following this thread. Being the author of
      JagoClient, which is available cross platforms, I am most interested in
      producing compatible SGF format too. I already abandoned L[] and M[] as you
      demanded and are using softbreaks. Moreover, Jago can write any codepage to
      file, including plain Unicode (once the file is opened, it is too late to
      switch the coding by the way, so a tag into this direction does not make
      much sense - in short I apply for using UTF8 for ALL files).

      But do not make it too difficult for programmers. Insisting on a specific
      date format is a nuisance. If you want to do so, please invent a new tag,
      which carries a fixed date format and can be used in parallel with the old
      one. Otherwise, files won't be compatible (as was the case with M and L).

      Rene.

      -------

      Rene Grothmann
      grothm@...