Re: Shells, Time, FF[5]

  • Robert Jasiek
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 1999
      > following is a list of possible
      > result that I collected, with the property content suggested..
      > 1. Win/lose by score B+nn W+nn
      [...]

      This is a good start but incomplete. Later I will add more.
      E.g. BothPlayersWin is possible.

      > 4. Win/lose by forfeit B+F:Detail in simple text,

      I like the idea of a details option. Thereby we avoid an
      endless list of parameters.

      > >Using other rules (I can't remember which) seki points are counted
      > >according to how many stones surround them and then counts like
      > >like 3/4 pts, 1/3 pt, ... may appear.

      FYI, so far only Ing 1986-1990 rules used fractions.
      this may be indicated as RU[Ing 1986], i.e. with an
      unspecified text parameter.

      > >;B[aa]AE[bb][bc]IL[stones removed which are not captured]
      > Good idea. Looks like it is difficult to keep backward
      > compatibility if we introduce this, but no choice..

      There are other possibilities than IL. E.g. an inherited
      property IH[] might set and kill breathless stones illegally
      remaining on the board as long as inherited. Thereby removals
      of illegal stones are possible and backward compability is achieved.

      --
      robert jasiek
      http://www.snafu.de/~jasiek/