Person Invovled

  • Shigeru Mabuchi
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 1999
      A short opinion on Robert's suggestion.

      Robert Jasiek wrote in [sgf-std] Re: Suggestion on Time Property:
      >I agree. Currently that would be yet more information to be put
      >in GC[]. Adding more and more properties for such needs is
      >possible but not too pleasant, either. AYK, I like general
      >properties. E.g. we seem to need something like IP[] for
      >involved persons that could read like
      >
      >IP[black:Beauty Belle][white:Marc Whale][judge:Jane Jerome]
      >[judge:Bill Benefit][timekeeper:Timothy Trust]

      I like this idea. It saves us lots of property resources,
      and is flexible to accustom to many cases, like additional
      players in pair-go or ren-go. However, essential infos like
      players should be kept in PW and PB, and we provide guidelines
      for primary keywords to be used before the ':', so that the
      SGF browser can handle or group them easily. Otherwise, some
      progroms might use 'judge' and some use 'referee'.

      eg.

      IP[AdditionalBlackPlayer:Beauty Belle]
      [AdditionalWhitePlayer:Marc Whale]
      [Judge:Jane Jerome][Judge:Bill Benefit]
      [Commentator:Timothy Trust] ...

      (Analyzer and Commentator are different in many cases)

      Shigeru Mabuchi

      World-wide InterNet Gokaisho
      Shigeru Mabuchi (mab 2d* on WING)
      http://wing.home.ml.org/
      WING Server Address: wing.brlnet.net 1515