Re: [sgf-std] SGF Statistics

    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2007
      Mark,

      nice work. Thanks for the information.

      > and produces statistics on property and value usage.

      It would be interesting to run this program also on e.g. the GTL archive.
      It contains game reviews and therefore I would assume that it has more
      markup properties than you would find in a collection of professional
      games. I don't have time to do this myself during the next two weeks, so
      if anyone beats me to it post your results here :o)

      > I wanted to know if some of the
      > more obscure properties were used enough to warrant implementation.

      Heresy! Of course, one could argue that by leaving out support for such
      properties, you contribute to the status quo and such properties will
      never emerge from obscurity. I for one am planning to integrate AR & LN
      into SenseisLibrary's diagrams.

      > * The character set (CA), if ever specified, is almost always UTF-8.

      Which goes to show that I should nail down UTF-8 usage in the
      specification according to our discussion some months ago.