Games::Go::SGF

  • gilderde
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2006
      Hi,

      I am currently working on the perl module Games::Go::SGF.

      This is a module that parses sgf files.

      I have put in some property validation checks, which are Go specific.

      That means people can't use it anymore to parse sgf files for other
      games. However I could easily undo this change.

      The module comes under Games::Go, which implies it is Go specific. If
      it was called Games::SGF, that would be different.

      I wonder how many (or what proportion of) people use sgf for recording
      games other than Go.

      Any ideas?

      dan
    • ahollosi
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2007
        Dan,

        sorry for the late reply. The list email was classified as spam by my
        system. Yahoo seems to be adding to many ads these days. If it is not
        too late:

        --- In sgf-std@yahoogroups.com, "gilderde" <gilderde@...> wrote:
        > I wonder how many (or what proportion of) people use sgf for recording
        > games other than Go.
        > Any ideas?

        I don't know about end users or programs in total, but I have contact
        with 3-4 developers who use SGF for other programs than Go.