Re: [sgf-std] (unknown)

  • Dewi Morgan
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2006
      Rui Jiang wrote:
      > can the group admin block it from sending SPAMs?

      My guess is, someone reg'd under their work address, which autoresponds.

      Of course, every time they get a response from themselves, they send
      another email, autoresponding to that.

      Important point: the more messages posted to the list, the more replies
      it will start sending.

      This is the third email sent today, which means that their autoresponder
      will be replying to three emails at a time (and then autoresponding to
      the autoresponses and so on).

      So please DON'T post any more to the list until the admin has time to
      delete the user, or move them to web-only!

      I suggest that in the meantime, the rest of us move to "digest" or
      web-only mode, which can be done here:

      - Dewi Morgan.
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2006
        Dewi Morgan wrote:
        > So please DON'T post any more to the list until the admin has time to
        > delete the user, or move them to web-only!

        I denied the user to post emails and have switched them to web only.

        Sorry, I did not see the emails - apparently my SPAM filter caught them.
        Thanks for alerting me.