Re: [sgf-std] "Long" property names?

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 6, 2004
      William M. Shubert wrote:
      > I was even more cautious than this, wanting to avoid KGSXX properties if
      > other apps didn't accept them (since, although they are fine by the
      > FF[4] spec, they are quite different from all the standard properties).
      > As it happens, the only app so far that doesn't accept them is my very
      > own CGoban 1!

      I use it :-)

      Speaking about old SGF programs: personally I would not mind at all, if
      long property names broke old SGF applications. It would lead to people
      updating their applications (which have fewer bugs - I hope). Of course,
      you would have to take some heat, Bill.

      Go ahead and use long property names. SGFC has an artificial limit at
      about 100 letters for property names :-)