Question about DD[]

  • Ashley Feniello
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2004

      How is the following to be treated by an SGF viewer:

      (;

      GM[1]

      FF[4]

      SZ[19]

      AP[GoSuite:0.1]

      DD[ic:ke]

      C[DD points added]

      ;

      C[DD point inherit - still dim]

      ;

      DD[ij:kl]

      C[More DD points added. Should these replace existing or be merged with existing?]

      )

      I’m unclear as to whether a newly encountered DD should reset inherited DD state.

      Thanks in advance

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2004
        Ashley Feniello wrote:
        > DD[ic:ke] C[DD points added]
        > ;C[DD point inherit - still dim]
        > ;DD[ij:kl]
        > C[More DD points added. Should these replace existing or be merged with
        > existing?]

        In "Basic definitions and types" http://www.red-bean.com/sgf/sgf4.html
        in chapter 2.2.2. it says:

        "Properties having this attribute affect not only the node containing
        these properties but also ALL subsequent child nodes as well until a new
        setting is encountered or the setting gets cleared."

        Therefor DD[ij:kl] replaces DD[ic:ke]; e.g. the point [kl] would no
        longer be dimmed.

        /Arno

        ps: am I the only one who is "offended" by the large ad yahoo adds to
        postings? I think I will migrate this list to my own server when I find
        the time ...