Re: [sgf-std] open source java sgf viewer?

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 21, 2002
      On Thursday 19 September 2002 20:07, mikke wrote:
      > > "play A, remove A, play B" all as a single move
      > It breaks the standard as well.

      Yes, invalid SGF.

      > Could someone please explain the use of "inherit"? It has confused me for
      > a while. I think I understand the intention of having "inherit" but it seam
      > only to be used by DD[] PM[] VW[] (all new in FF[4]). I would belive
      > that other properties could be a candidate for that attribute, e g AB[].
      > Many applications (correctly I think?) treat AB[] and AW[] as "inherit".

      Your logic is correct. However, changes on the board, such as B,W,AB,AW,AE
      have always been permanent. "Inherit" was mainly invented for describing
      "permanent" board markup. Thus it is limited to DD etc.

      /Arno
    • Scott Thompson
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 28, 2002
        Can anyone tell me where I can find a spec for the UGF (UGI?) file
        format?

        I'd like to do ugf to sgf conversion but all of the utilities I've
        found loose things like comments.

        Scott