Re: [sgf-std] open source java sgf viewer?

  • mikke
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 19 11:07 AM
      > Only because kogo doesn't always follow the sgf style guide :) It turns
      > out that when it does this, it is doing something like "play A, remove A,
      > play B" all as a single move

      It doesn't just break the guide lines, does it? It breaks the standard as well.

      My favorit sgf-viewer PilotGOne have this drawback. It violates "Only one
      of each property is allowed per node" for many property types.

      I have a not related question:
      Could someone please explain the use of "inherit"? It has confused me for
      a while. I think I understand the intention of having "inherit" but it seam
      only to be used by DD[] PM[] VW[] (all new in FF[4]). I would belive
      that other properties could be a candidate for that attribute, e g AB[].
      Many applications (correctly I think?) treat AB[] and AW[] as "inherit".

      Regards,
      Mikael Thulin
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 21 2:35 AM
        On Thursday 19 September 2002 20:07, mikke wrote:
        > > "play A, remove A, play B" all as a single move
        > It breaks the standard as well.

        Yes, invalid SGF.

        > Could someone please explain the use of "inherit"? It has confused me for
        > a while. I think I understand the intention of having "inherit" but it seam
        > only to be used by DD[] PM[] VW[] (all new in FF[4]). I would belive
        > that other properties could be a candidate for that attribute, e g AB[].
        > Many applications (correctly I think?) treat AB[] and AW[] as "inherit".

        Your logic is correct. However, changes on the board, such as B,W,AB,AW,AE
        have always been permanent. "Inherit" was mainly invented for describing
        "permanent" board markup. Thus it is limited to DD etc.

        /Arno
      • Scott Thompson
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 28 8:43 AM
          Can anyone tell me where I can find a spec for the UGF (UGI?) file
          format?

          I'd like to do ugf to sgf conversion but all of the utilities I've
          found loose things like comments.

          Scott