Re: [sgf-std] illegal sgf (was: newbie questions about sgf 4 and 5)

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2002
      > > If I find the time, I could go over the original submitted SGF files for
      > > the teaching ladder. That surely is a big source of possible errors.
      >
      > Are these files available somewhere for easy download (as abundle)?

      Here they are:
      http://www.red-bean.com/sgf/examples/faulty-sgf-files.tgz

      Stats: out of 180 sgf files submitted, 50 are included in the tarball. These
      50 contain at least 1 (serious) error. Only about 50 out of 180 were without
      errors and warnings reported by SGFC. The remaining 100 had one of:
      * empty TM[] property
      * text AFTER game tree (strictly speaking this is an error)
      * property in wrong FF, e.g. CA, AP etc. in FF[1-3]

      Oddly enough, no SGF file was missing the ';' after the game start. Seems that
      this error has been fixed in most programs.

      /Arno

      p.s. if you are in doubt about why the file is included in the tarball and
      which errors it contains run it through SGFC.

      pp.s. 3 small notes:
      7694ooli.sgf: is FF4, but has lowercase letters in prop ID
      5925UxAz.sgf: some binary data there
      1189zdMh.sgf: is one of the files that contains that "S4" property.