Re: [sgf-std] illegal sgf (was: newbie questions about sgf 4 and 5)

  • mikke
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2002
      > > I bet you know many common and uncommon violations against the standard.

      > Yes. But not so much because I coordinate the SGF work, but because I'm
      > the maintainer of the Go Teaching Ladder. People really use all kind of
      > featues of their programs to make reviews. What I receive on a day to
      > day basis at the GTL really gives a good overview of quirks of commonly
      > used programs at the time.

      > If I find the time, I could go over the original submitted SGF files for
      > the teaching ladder. That surely is a big source of possible errors.

      Are these files available somewhere for easy download (as abundle)?

      Regards,
      Mikael Thulin
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 14, 2002
        > > If I find the time, I could go over the original submitted SGF files for
        > > the teaching ladder. That surely is a big source of possible errors.
        >
        > Are these files available somewhere for easy download (as abundle)?

        Here they are:
        http://www.red-bean.com/sgf/examples/faulty-sgf-files.tgz

        Stats: out of 180 sgf files submitted, 50 are included in the tarball. These
        50 contain at least 1 (serious) error. Only about 50 out of 180 were without
        errors and warnings reported by SGFC. The remaining 100 had one of:
        * empty TM[] property
        * text AFTER game tree (strictly speaking this is an error)
        * property in wrong FF, e.g. CA, AP etc. in FF[1-3]

        Oddly enough, no SGF file was missing the ';' after the game start. Seems that
        this error has been fixed in most programs.

        /Arno

        p.s. if you are in doubt about why the file is included in the tarball and
        which errors it contains run it through SGFC.

        pp.s. 3 small notes:
        7694ooli.sgf: is FF4, but has lowercase letters in prop ID
        5925UxAz.sgf: some binary data there
        1189zdMh.sgf: is one of the files that contains that "S4" property.