Re: [sgf-std] illegal sgf (was: newbie questions about sgf 4 and 5)

  • mikke
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2002
      > I've seen many strange sgf files, and Many Faces can handle some of them.
      >
      > This includes:

      Thanks for your list.

      If anyone have for some reason saved a bundle of broken sgf-files I would be
      happy if you could mail them to me.

      Regards,
      Mikael Thulin
    • mikke
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 14, 2002
        > > I bet you know many common and uncommon violations against the standard.

        > Yes. But not so much because I coordinate the SGF work, but because I'm
        > the maintainer of the Go Teaching Ladder. People really use all kind of
        > featues of their programs to make reviews. What I receive on a day to
        > day basis at the GTL really gives a good overview of quirks of commonly
        > used programs at the time.

        > If I find the time, I could go over the original submitted SGF files for
        > the teaching ladder. That surely is a big source of possible errors.

        Are these files available somewhere for easy download (as abundle)?

        Regards,
        Mikael Thulin
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 14, 2002
          > > If I find the time, I could go over the original submitted SGF files for
          > > the teaching ladder. That surely is a big source of possible errors.
          >
          > Are these files available somewhere for easy download (as abundle)?

          Here they are:
          http://www.red-bean.com/sgf/examples/faulty-sgf-files.tgz

          Stats: out of 180 sgf files submitted, 50 are included in the tarball. These
          50 contain at least 1 (serious) error. Only about 50 out of 180 were without
          errors and warnings reported by SGFC. The remaining 100 had one of:
          * empty TM[] property
          * text AFTER game tree (strictly speaking this is an error)
          * property in wrong FF, e.g. CA, AP etc. in FF[1-3]

          Oddly enough, no SGF file was missing the ';' after the game start. Seems that
          this error has been fixed in most programs.

          /Arno

          p.s. if you are in doubt about why the file is included in the tarball and
          which errors it contains run it through SGFC.

          pp.s. 3 small notes:
          7694ooli.sgf: is FF4, but has lowercase letters in prop ID
          5925UxAz.sgf: some binary data there
          1189zdMh.sgf: is one of the files that contains that "S4" property.