Re: [sgf-std] newbie questions about sgf 4 and 5

  • MENON Jean-Francois
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2002
      Arno Hollosi wrote:

      > > 1) I try to take advantages of the SGF 5 otions, while keeping
      > > compatibility with sgf4
      >
      > You are aware that FF5 is not defined yet? What is on the pages is a summary
      > of the discussion that happened two years ago. Some Japanese programs adopted
      > the FF5 draft, but I think that's premature. I don't think that the
      > discussion about FF5 had reached a point where we could make it a new
      > standard.

      ok, I suppose I will have to create a private property in FF4 to use
      benefits of OT in FF5.
      I would have suggested a behavior with the contents of the properties
      similar that the one defined
      for the names of properties: if you don't understand syntax, just skip
      it. What do you think about that?

      > > 2) To store a maximum of information given by IGS, I add some private
      > > properties. Should I submit them somewhere to ask them to be added in a
      > > future version of the SGF standard?
      >
      > If you think that these properties add features which you feel are important
      > for everyone, post your proposal here. Otherwise just use non-standard names
      > which don't occur in the specification yet.
      >
      > /Arno

      question: how do I know that the names I choose will not clash with
      future versions of the standard?
      maybe you should define a 'name space' for such private props. ( for ex
      P_XX ).

      I don't know if it is important for everyone :->, but here are the props
      I defined to store games infos from IGS:

      ID -> game identificator (number)
      DA -> Dames (point)
      WP,BP -> prisoneers (number)

      jf