Re: [sgf-std] Re: SGF & XML

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2002
      > Is anyone doing anything on this front?

      Many people have asked about an XML version. Over 2 years ago a group of
      people set out to define such a file format (AFAIK up until now they only
      have produced a requirements document).

      I have dismissed XML until recently. Now, as I know core XML technologies by
      heart (because of my job), I think it is a good idea. Also, now I have the
      necessary knowledge of XML that I feel up to the task.

      Actually, one week ago (independent of Vlad's email) I set out to start
      define an XML format plus an API on top of the DOM. I don't want to present
      my ideas prematurely, because I'd don't want to waste everyone's time with
      unready rubbish.

      Give me three more weeks and I will show you what I have got.

      Btw, Vlad: I thought about naming it XGF just as you wrote your email ;o)

      /Arno

      p.s. please disregard SGFML (currently on the web site), I didn't have a clue
      about XML back then.

      --
      SL: http://senseis.xmp.net/ -- a pot of go at the end of the rainbow
      GTL: http://gtl.jeudego.org/ -- have your own games reviewed