Re: SGF spec has moved - new URL

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2000
      Danny,

      > Is the spec available in another form? Documentation in HTML presents
      > special problems because you don't know when you have everything you need.
      > You follow links but there is no way to know when to stop.

      No - HTML is the only form.
      Basically you only need three files:
      (prefix everything with http://www.red-bean.com/sgf/ )

      - basic definition: sgf4.html
      - properties: properties.html
      - go specific stuff: go.html (I assume you use it for Go games?)

      All three files are straight-forward.
      Everything else contains just additional explanations which help clarify
      stuff but is not essential. E.g.:

      - varitions: var.htm
      - inidices of properties: proplist.html, proplist_t.html, proplist_ff.html
      - supplements: changes.html, compatibility.html, converting.html
      - example file: examples/

      Basic (low-tech) intro to SGF can be found in the User Guide at user_guide/

      Hope that clarifies it a bit.