Re: Re: computer-go: SGF alternatives

  • Florin Iucha
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2000
      Hello!

      Jan van der Steen wrote:

      > |> Could it be interesting to create a defintion file (DTD) for
      > |> a game description language? If not to replace SGF, then as
      > |> an alternative...

      It would be a briliant idea.
      1. We will have more STANDARD tools to operate on these files -
      like an intelligent grep (there is one for SGML where you
      ask for a match only in a certain context), or various
      UNIX[like] text processing utilities
      2. We will have a much easier migration path, and the files
      will be [mostly] upward/backward compatible - anybody
      reads what it can from SGML/XML files.

      Florin Iucha

      --

      Florin Iucha
      mailto://fiucha@...

      Moglen's Metaphorical Corollary to Faraday's Law
      "...if you wrap the Internet around every person on the planet
      and spin the planet, software flows in the network."
      (http://old.law.columbia.edu/my_pubs/anarchism.html)