SGF spec has moved - new URL

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2000
      The SGF specification has moved to a new location.
      Please update your bookmarks and links - if you
      already use the alias address you don't have to
      change anything.

      New URL: http://www.red-bean.com/sgf/
      Alias: http://www.POBoxes.com/sgf/
      Alias didn't change and will always
      point to correct address even if the spec
      moves again.

      Please note that the SGF User Guide is at a new location
      as well: http://www.red-bean.com/sgf/user_guide/

      New feature: I've added a web interface to SGFC, the SGF
      syntax checker and converter. Now you can test your own
      SGF files without compiling SGFC yourself.

      My thanks go to Karl Fogel and everyone else at Red Bean
      for hosting the specification.

      /Arno
      SGF coordinator
    • Danny Swarzman
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 29, 2000
        Is the spec available in another form? Documentation in HTML presents
        special problems because you don't know when you have everything you need.
        You follow links but there is no way to know when to stop.

        - Danny Swarzman

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 29, 2000
          Danny,

          > Is the spec available in another form? Documentation in HTML presents
          > special problems because you don't know when you have everything you need.
          > You follow links but there is no way to know when to stop.

          No - HTML is the only form.
          Basically you only need three files:
          (prefix everything with http://www.red-bean.com/sgf/ )

          - basic definition: sgf4.html
          - properties: properties.html
          - go specific stuff: go.html (I assume you use it for Go games?)

          All three files are straight-forward.
          Everything else contains just additional explanations which help clarify
          stuff but is not essential. E.g.:

          - varitions: var.htm
          - inidices of properties: proplist.html, proplist_t.html, proplist_ff.html
          - supplements: changes.html, compatibility.html, converting.html
          - example file: examples/

          Basic (low-tech) intro to SGF can be found in the User Guide at user_guide/

          Hope that clarifies it a bit.