Hex GM[11]

    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 1999
      Hi,

      I got an email from David King <drking@...> asking
      about details of the SGF details of Hex GM[11].

      Does anyone know something about this?
      If yes, please send David an email and CC a copy to me.

      Thanks
      /Arno

      ----

      David wrote:

      I'm contributing to a discussion about a standard file format for Hex
      games. The smart go format has come up, and from there I've found the
      smart game format FF4, which appears to have Hex listed as GM[11].

      Can you point me to any further info about a standard for Hex - game
      specific properties, applications using it, etc?

      It's likely that if we adopted a standard based on sgf, most if not
      all hex apps would implement only parts of it, igonoring properties
      that they couldn't handle; basically there's only so much work people
      would be prepared to put in - Hex is a minority interest game :). But
      at least there would be a good foundation.

      Thanks for any help you can give.