Re: how to index the igs-files?

  • Hui Huang
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 1999
      >Now my question is how we deal with index problem in our sgf files?
      >
      >I had collected hundreds sgf files, all new, but i can not manage
      >them , if i need some game,i had to remembere it for a long time.

      You can use WinMCT to make a collection of sgf games. It is quite easy to locate files based on properties. To go further, you can
      export the list to a text file and then use a db program such as MS Access, Foxpro etc. to import the list and put index on it.

      Actually, this whole thing can be done in MS Access alone using Visual Basic. I tried this some time ago but it was too slow. (I
      don't know VB well. This might be the problem.) I think you can do the same in other db programs.

      I think indexing is an implementation issue and shouldn't be in the standard itself.