Re: China News: Tianyuan Finals Game 3 record

  • lin siming
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 1999
      At 99-3-31 10:44:00, you wrote:
      >From: Robert Jasiek <jasiek@...>
      >
      >Vis wrote:
      >> >(DT[1999-03-29]SZ[19]TM[600]KM[5.5]HA[0]
      >> >RE[W+1 1/4 stones];B[pd];W[dc];B[pp]
      >
      >> Komi 5.5 and W+1 1/4 ???
      >
      >It is just a matter of notation. Chinese rules use half
      >counting, twice of which equals full counting. Half count
      >komi is 2.75, full count komi is 5.5, the half count result
      >is 1.25 stones, the full count result is 2.5 points.

      Hi,

      How you use the word half?

      As a Chinese, I think the word "stone" is better than "komi".

      You know Ing's rule,the stone and spaces one occupied are the same
      points.

      So ,count one side is enough,greatter than (or smaller) 180(1/2)
      is to win.

      No prisionals should be keep,no rule should added to speciafic
      form.

      If you use Chinese Rule, all things changed easier.

      Sorry for poor English.

      Lin