Re: SGFparsers in JavaScript?

  • Francois Mizessyn
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 1969
      >Has anybody written an SGF parser in JavaScript?

      I wrote a very simple Go viewer in HTML and JavaScript. You could see it
      at :

      http://perso.wanadoo.fr/francois.mizessyn/Exemples/K7701-1.htm

      I also wrote an application (for my private use only for the moment) that
      is able to translate SGF games into JavaScript codes (I used this
      application to build the above page).

      This application is in C++. I started to rewrite it in Javascript, but I
      am far from the end of this job.

      Since most of you seem more experienced than me for this kind of Job,
      please let me know what are you thinking about it.

      --
      Amicalement, FRANCOIS MIZESSYN
      http://perso.wanadoo.fr/francois.mizessyn
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 1999
        Has anybody written an SGF parser in JavaScript?
        I know it's a silly question, but I had to ask. ;-)

        Just in case anybody has some information on any
        "light-weight" parsers which can be used over the
        network (e.g. web), let's share it here.

        Regards,
        Hyoungsoo
      • Robin Trew
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 1999
          Hyoungsoo Yoon (March 2 1999) wrote:

          >Has anybody written an SGF parser in JavaScript?
          >I know it's a silly question, but I had to ask. ;-)

          >Just in case anybody has some information on any
          >"light-weight" parsers which can be used over the
          >network (e.g. web), let's share it here.

          Assuming the task of constructing an HTML page containing a game that can be
          browsed without a dedicated client, it would be interesting to compare the
          browse-time performance yielded by:

          1. A custom JavaScript compiler+app working from an embedded SGF text
          string.

          2. A JavaScript app-only (no parsing component) working from the parse
          tree provided by the browsers' built-in XML parser. (Assumes a DTD, and an
          XML file previously translated from SGF).

          On the whole reading XML does not seem (at present) outstandingly fast, but
          it would be good to get a sense of how the two approaches compare ...

          Robin.
        • Hyoungsoo Yoon
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 1999
            This is great! Now we have *two* SGF viewers in JavaScript,
            since I wrote one myself recently. Yours look much better, though ;(
            Please try
            http://www.vilab.com/ijl/chohunhyun/

            It does *not* have a JavaScript parser. I preprocess
            SGF files first into HTML and use simple scripting on the client side.

            Regards,
            Hyoungsoo