275Re: [sgf-std] Re: SGF question regarding CA property

  • William M. Shubert
    Aug 19 12:00 AM
      I'd just like to note, that UTF-16 is not possible as a CA[] parameter.
      To get to the CA[] property itself, you must be able to parse at least
      some text without knowing the character set, so the character set must
      be backward compatible with ASCII. ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8 are both
      backward compatible, but UTF-16 is not, so the parser will never be able
      to find the CA[] property in the first place.