~ Space Shuttle Atlantis Launch: Space Debris or Something Else?? ~

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2007

      - Originally Posted on Sat Jun 9, 2007! -

      Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone else actually watched the
      entire Space Shuttle being launched earlier Last night and I want to
      know if you think the space debris is actually from the shuttle or if
      it's actually from a UFO. To be honest with you, I did notice very
      Slow moving metallic object that kept showing up on the both the
      Upper then lower right hand side of the shuttle while it was going
      into orbit in space, but I really want you to read the following
      article and tell me what you think you saw if you did watch this too,
      and what you think this really was. Please reply with what you think
      all this was, and I'll be back here a bit later on. Thanks and take
      care! :D

      - Atlantis Casing Space Station -

      By SETH BORENSTEIN, AP Science Writer

      14 minutes ago

      CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - The space shuttle Atlantis, fresh from a fiery
      and nearly flawless launch, was in hot pursuit of the international
      space station on Saturday, but won't catch up until Sunday.

      Atlantis' seven-man crew was closing the gap between the two space
      bodies by 920 miles every 90-minute orbit. By 9 a.m. EDT, the shuttle
      was scheduled to be 8,630 miles away from its destination. Atlantis
      was to dock with the space station Sunday afternoon.

      During the 11-day flight, the astronauts will deliver a new segment
      and a pair of solar panels to the orbiting outpost. They plan three
      spacewalks — on Monday, Wednesday and Friday — to install the new
      equipment and retract an old solar panel.

      On Sunday, astronaut Clayton Anderson will replace astronaut Sunita
      Williams as the U.S. representative aboard the space station, and
      Williams will return to Earth aboard Atlantis. She has spent the past
      six months in orbit.

      Much of Saturday's work was designed to set the stage for Sunday's
      docking and the tasks that follow. Astronauts were also going to
      check if the shuttle was damaged from foam debris shaken loose during
      Friday night's launch. It was a foam hit that caused Columbia's fatal
      accident in 2003; since then, NASA spends its first full day in orbit
      looking for potential problem spots.

      About an hour after launch, NASA managers said initial checks found
      nothing to worry about. One piece of foam that appeared to come off
      the shuttle's fuel tank — which bore ugly white patches that repaired
      hail damage that had delayed the flight by three months — about 135
      seconds after launch did not seem to hit the shuttle, said shuttle
      program manager Wayne Hale.

      "The tank performed in a magnificent way, despite having several
      thousand repairs to it," Hale said at a news conference. "(The
      debris) should not be a hazard that late in the flight."

      Astronaut Patrick Forrester will use the shuttle's robot arm and a
      boom extension to examine its wings and outer edges.

      Minutes after launch, Atlantis' contrails formed an intricate and
      unusual knot in the Florida sky, framed by the colors of sunset and
      with the bright light of Venus peeking through.

      Veteran shuttle watchers oohed and aahed at the second sky show of
      the night.

      The first shuttle launch of the year helped put NASA back on track
      after a run of bad luck and scandal on the ground during the first
      half of the year.

      In the past few months, NASA has seen the arrest of astronaut Lisa
      Nowak in an alleged plot to kidnap her rival for a shuttle pilot's
      affections; a murder-suicide at the Johnson Space Center in Houston;
      and the derailment of a train carrying rocket-booster segments for
      future shuttle launches.

      More recently, NASA Administrator Michael Griffin has come under fire
      for suggesting that global warming may not be a problem worth
      wrestling with. And the agency's inspector general was lambasted at a
      congressional hearing Thursday by former staff members, congressmen
      and senators over the way he managed his office, treated his
      employees and investigated complaints.
      ___

      On the Net:

      Shuttle mission:
      http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070609/ap_on_sc/space_shuttle?submit=Done

      ~ SUE ~

      sgangel_2005@...

      http://www.myspace.com/sgduranie

      http://groups.myspace.com/paranormalontv

      http://groups.myspace.com/suesparanormalclub

    • Jessi
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 15, 2007
        I may have something more current than that but I don't have an
        article for you. I heard that part of the power went out on the
        International Space Station and the Space Shuttle Atlantis had to
        help make repairs to it on top of what was already being done. I
        heard this yesterday. Today I saw on the news that a lady is
        accidently receiving broadcasts from the Space Shuttle Atlantis and
        maybe other space stuff over her video baby monitor. NASA and the
        parents are intrigued but they are allowing her to continue receiving
        the feed.

        Someone said she must be getting it from an Earthly source b/c it is
        not coming directly from the Space Shuttle. I am thinking the sun
        and satelites.