EXTRATERRESTRIALS? THE VATICAN SAID 'YES'

  • bowman7a
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2005
      EXTRATERRESTRIALS? THE VATICAN SAID 'YES'

      The death of Pope John Paul II has occasioned
      widespread discussions about his own stand and the
      Vatican's position regarding a variety of subjects,
      from purely theological to social issues. Completely
      lacking has been any reference to an issue of concern
      to many, and especially to those interested in the
      subjects of UFO's, Life on other planets, and
      Extraterrestrials in general, and in Zecharia
      Sitchin's writings in particular.

      As it happened, it was exactly five years ago, in
      April 2000, that Zecharia engaged in a public
      discussion of those very issues with a leading
      theologian of the Vatican, Monsignor Corrado Balducci,
      during an international conference held in Bellaria
      (Bimini) in Italy. The historic dialogue was reported
      at the time on this official website of Zecharia
      Sitchin; hereunder is the full text of that report
      which speaks for itself.

      Dialogue in Bellaria

      SITCHIN AND VATICAN THEOLOGIAN DISCUSS UFO's,
      EXTRATERRESTRIALS, ANGELS, CREATION OF MAN

      Report by Zecharia Sitchin

      In what must be a historic first, a high official of
      the Vatican and a Hebrew scholar discussed the issue
      of Extraterrestrials and the Creation of Man, and
      though different from each other in upbringing,
      background, religion and methodology, nevertheless
      arrived at common conclusions:

      * Yes, Extraterrestrials can and do exist on other
      planets
      * Yes, they can be more advanced than us
      * Yes, materially, Man could have been fashioned
      from a pre-existing sentient being.

      The Participants

      The high Vatican official was Monsignor Corrado
      Balducci, a Catholic theologian with impressive
      credentials: A member of the Curia of the Roman
      Catholic Church, a Prelate of the Congregation for the
      Evangelization of Peoples and the Propagation of the
      Faith, leading exorcist of the Archdiocese of Rome, a
      member of the Vatican's Beatification Committee, an
      expert on Demonology and the author of several books.
      Appointed in the Vatican to deal with the issue of
      UFO's and Extraterrestrials, he has made in recent
      years pronouncements indicating a tolerance of the
      subjects; but he has never before met and had a
      dialogue with a Hebrew scholar, and gone beyond
      prescribed formulations to include the touchy issue of
      the Creation of Man.

      The Hebrew scholar was me -- Zecharia Sitchin: A
      researcher of ancient civilizations, a biblical
      archaeologist, a descendant of Abraham…

      The Monsignor and I almost met for such a dialogue
      last December, but it did not come about. This time
      we were scheduled to meet in Bellaria, Italy, at a
      conference whose theme was "The Mystery of Human
      Existence." I arrived there with my wife and a score
      of fans from the USA, on March 31st, scheduled to
      address the audience of over a thousand the next day.
      The Monsignor was nowhere in sight; but he was there
      the next morning to hear my presentation. "I drove
      the whole night from Rome to hear you," he said.

      Sitchin's Presentation

      My talk, ably translated by my Italian editor Tuvia
      Fogel, included a slide presentation that added a
      pictorial dimension to the evidence from ancient times
      in support of Sumerian texts, on which my eight books
      based the following conclusions:

      We are not alone -- not just in the vast universe, but
      in our own solar system; There is one more planet in
      our solar system, orbiting beyond Pluto but nearing
      Earth periodically; Advanced "Extraterrestrials" --
      the Sumerians called them Anunnaki, the Bible Nefilim
      -- started to visit our planet some 450,000 years ago;
      And, some 300,000 years ago, they engaged in genetic
      engineering to upgrade Earth's hominids and fashion
      Homo sapiens, the Adam. In that, they acted as
      Emissaries for the Universal Creator -- God.

      The Dialogue

      "We have much to talk about," Msgr. Balducci said to
      me as he came forward to congratulate me on my
      presentation; "I have great esteem for your
      scholarship," he said.

      We returned to the hotel for lunch. Our table was
      surrounded in a semi-circle by my American fans,
      intent on not missing a word of the forthcoming
      dialogue. In the hours-long session, Msgr. Balducci
      outlined the positions he was going to state, from a
      prepared text, in his talk the next day. While my
      approach was based on physical evidence, his was a
      purely Roman Catholic theological-philosophical one,
      seeking the spiritual aspects. Yet, our conclusions
      converged.

      Msgr. Balducci's Positions

      ON UFO's. "There must be something in it." The
      hundreds and thousands of eyewitness reports leave no
      room for denying that there is a measure of truth in
      them, even allowing for optical illusions, atmospheric
      phenomena and so on. As a Catholic theologian such
      witnessing cannot be dismissed. "Witnessing is one
      way of transmitting truth, and in the case of the
      Christian religion, we are talking about a Divine
      Revelation in which witnessing is crucial to the
      credibility of our faith."

      ON LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS: "That life may exist on
      other planets is certainly possible... The Bible does
      not rule out that possibility. On the basis of
      scripture and on the basis of our knowledge of God's
      omnipotence, His wisdom being limitless, we must
      affirm that life on other planets is possible."
      Moreover, this is not only possible, but also credible
      and even probable. '"Cardinal Nicolo Cusano
      (1401-1464) wrote that there is not a single star in
      the sky about which we can rule out the existence of
      life, even if different from ours."

      ON INTELLIGENT EXTRATERRESTRIALS: "When I talk about
      Extraterrestrials, we must think of beings who are
      like us -- more probably, beings more advanced than
      us, in that their nature is an association of a
      material part and a spiritual part, a body and a soul,
      although in different proportions than human beings on
      Earth." Angels are beings who are purely spiritual,
      devoid of bodies, while we are made up of spirit and
      matter but still at a low level. "It is entirely
      credible that in the enormous distance between Angels
      and humans, there could be found some middle stage,
      that is beings with a body like ours but more elevated
      spiritually. If such intelligent beings really exist
      on other planets, only science will be able to prove;
      but in spite of what some people think, we would be in
      a position to reconcile their existence with the
      Redemption that Christ has brought us."

      The Anunnaki and the Creation of Man

      Well then, I asked Msgr. Balducci, does it mean that
      my presentation was no great revelation to you? We
      appear to agree, I said, that more advanced
      extraterrestrials can exist, and I use science to
      evidence their coming to Earth ...I then quote the
      Sumerian texts that say that the Anunnaki ("Those who
      from heaven to Earth came") genetically improved an
      existing being on Earth to create the being that the
      Bible calls Adam.

      My conclusion regarding your presentation, Msgr.
      Balducci answered, is that more than anything else
      your whole approach is based on physical evidence, it
      concerns itself with matter, not with spirit. This is
      an important distinction, "because if this distinction
      is made, I can bring up the view of the great
      theologian, Professor Father Marakoff, who is still
      alive and is greatly respected by the Church. He
      formulated the hypothesis that when God created Man
      and put the soul into him, perhaps what is meant is
      not that Man was created from mud or lime, but from
      something pre-existing, even from a sentient being
      capable of feeling and perception. So the idea of
      taking a pre-man or hominid and creating someone who
      is aware of himself is something that Christianity is
      coming around to…The key is the distinction between
      the material body and the soul granted by God."

      From Anunnaki to God

      Yes, I responded to the Vatican theologian, in my
      writings I deal with the physical evidence; but
      already in my first book (The 12th Planet), the very
      last sentence of the last paragraph raises the
      question: If the Extraterrestrials "created" us, who
      created them on their planet?

      From this my own thinking and the contents of my
      subsequent books evolved toward the spiritual or
      "divine" aspects. The Anunnaki, I have explained,
      were just emissaries (and that is what the Hebrew word
      Malachim, translated Angels, means). They thought
      that it was their decision to come here for selfish
      reasons and to fashion us because they needed workers;
      but in truth they only carried out the Almighty God's
      wishes and plans.

      If such Extraterrestrials were so involved, Msgr.
      Balducci said, even by your own interpretation they
      had to do with Man's physics, body and rationality:
      but God alone had to do with the Soul!

      My second book, that deals with Man's aspiration to
      ascend the heavens, is titled The Stairway to Heaven,
      I told Msgr, Balducci, "it seems to me that we are
      ascending the same stairway to heaven, though from
      different steps," I said.

      We ended the dialogue as friends, determined to stay
      in touch and continue.

      ------------------------

      Reproduction is permitted if accompanied by the
      statement

      © Z. Sitchin 2005
      Reproduced by permission.

      BOOK NEWS
      Publishers all around the world continue to translate
      and publish in their native languages Zecharia's ten
      books. Among the latest:

      When Time Began / Russia

      Divine Encounters / Brazil

      The Earth Chronicles Expeditions / Italy

      The Lost Book of Enki / Poland

      IN THE MEDIA
      The French bi-monthly MORPHÉOS has devoted two full
      large-size pages to Zecharia's writings about Sumerian
      astronomy in light of modern astronomical discoveries
      on the occasion of the publication in French of
      Genesis Revisited (the French title is "La planète
      cachée à l'origine de l'humanité"). Fréderic Marin is
      editor-in-chief and publisher of the magazine, in the
      city Conflans St. Honorine, F-78700.

      Q & A

      Q. Has anyone noticed that two of the symbols that
      Zecharia and his tour group found inscribed in
      Phaestos, Crete, as depicted in Fig. 33 in his latest
      book The Earth Chronicles Expeditions, are the same
      symbols used in astronomy and astrology to denote
      Neptune and Pisces? Perhaps this will shed light on
      the meaning of the other symbols. Melinda H.,
      Huntington, W.V.

      A. Anyone with further comments?

      When Calamity Strikes Mankind

      THE "TSUNAMI" OF10,900 B.C.

      Major catastrophes that befall Mankind are sometimes
      spoken of as being of "biblical proportions" to
      describe their immensity. The words have been used
      these days to convey the immensity of the calamity
      that befell the peoples and lands of the coastlines of
      the Indian Ocean, when an underwater earthquake caused
      a "Tsunami", a tidal wave that spread across thousands
      of miles of ocean waters and, hitting land, crushed
      all before it.

      Few if any of the news reporters who used the
      "biblical proportions" terminology may have realized
      how appropriate the analogy is; for some 13,000 years
      ago a huge tidal wave, a "Tsunami" if you will,
      overwhelmed the ancient lands and their inhabitants;
      except that that time, the tidal wave rose not thirty
      feet but many thousands of feet and more!

      Then, as now, it was a news story that dominated all
      news. The Bible, in fact, treated it to be such a
      major story that it devoted to it three full chapters
      in Genesis. It is the record of the Deluge -- the
      Great Flood -- that overwhelmed the Earth and came
      close to wiping Mankind off the face of the Earth.

      Not Rain But a Tidal Wave

      The ancient catastrophe, for centuries known only from
      the Bible, is now known to have been first recorded by
      the Sumerians. Their writings on the subject have
      been rendered in my very first book, The 12th Planet.
      Those sources make clear that the Anunnaki 'gods' --
      unlike the modern scientists who failed to predict the
      current Tsunami -- were aware of the looming calamity.
      Their leader, Enlil, saw it is an opportunity to get
      rid of Mankind and its evil doings; his brother Enki
      connived to save the "seed of Mankind" by instructing
      his faithful devotee, Utnapishtim (the biblical Noah)
      to build the submersible boat and save himself and his
      family.

      The Anunnaki were aware of what is about to happen, I
      wrote in The 12th Planet and then in Divine
      Encounters, because they were monitoring the buildup
      of the ice sheet over Antarctica, and anticipated that
      the next passage of their planet Nibiru near Earth
      would cause the ice sheet to slip and slide off the
      Antarctica continent -- creating an immense tidal wave
      that will overwhelm near and far landmasses:

      Quoting the Sumerian, Akkadian and biblical texts, I
      pointed out that although heavy rains did follow as
      Earth's ice age abruptly ended, it was a tidal wave
      that caused the Great Flood. It was a tidal storm
      from the south, from Antarctica, that sent walls of
      water crushing over all the ancient lands, taking more
      than a year to subside.

      December 2004 Zecharia Sitchin

      ARTICLES WRITTEN BY ZECHARIA:

      French Astronomer
      Troy on the Trojan Horse
      Face on Mars
      What is Nasa Looking for?
      Planetary Discoveries
      War Comes To Edin
      The Case of the Intelligent Designer
      The Case of the Evil Wind
      The Case Of The Lurking Planet
      The Case of Adam's Alien Genes
      Genetically Modified Primate
      Astronaut corroborates Sitchin
      The Case of the ???? Astronomer
      The Case of the Misplaced Teapot
      Dialogue in Bellaria
      The Case of the Layered Asteroid
      The Case of the Missing Elephant

      ZECHARIA IN THE MEDIA
      Most recent announcement

      SEMINAR REPORTS:

      Dallas - October 2002
      Chicago - June 2002
      Los Angeles - January 2002

      BOOK NEWS:

      Picture of Hardcover Books
      Book News

      Zecharia's books are available in paperback from Avon
      Books. Reprints in hardcover are available from Inner
      Traditions International (Bear & Co.)
      Zecharia Sitchin does not have email but can be
      reached by writing to:
      P.O. Box 577, New York, NY 10185

      The webmaster Erik can be reached by email at
      erik@...