PLEASE EVERYONE READ AND BEWARE!!!!!

  • griffininvestigations
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2004
      The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Washington D.C., USA
      would like to inform members of the public of the fraudulent
      activities and operation of a criminal syndicate parading itself as
      the "Consular-General" of Nigeria in Washington, D.C. The criminal
      gang is now using the address of the Embassy on its bogus letter-
      headed paper with dubious telephone number 202-331-4411 and fax
      number 202-331-4405. The Embassy believes that the gang is using the
      name of the Embassy and that of the Nigerian Government for the
      purpose of facilitating criminal overtures to unsuspecting members
      of the Public.

      2. In the last couple of weeks, this Embassy has had to respond to
      numerous enquiries regarding the status of the so-called Consular or
      Consul-General of Nigeria in Washington. Consequently, we hereby
      categorically state that the Federal Government of Nigeria has not
      established any representative office in the United States other
      than this Embassy, our Permanent Mission of Nigeria to the United
      Nations in New York, and the Nigerian Consulates in New York and
      Atlanta. We also disclaim the telephone and fax numbers, as
      indicated above, which the fraudsters have on their bogus letter-
      headed stationery.

      3. The Embassy has already notified the appropriate US authorities
      on the fraudulent activities of this criminal gang. Meanwhile
      members of the public are hereby advised to be wary of these
      criminals and to report any solicitation or overture from them to
      the Embassy or the Law Enforcement Authorities.

      Economic Section
      Embassy of Nigeria
      Washington, D.C.
      February 04, 2004