Early registration deadline for Wednesday Lindy Hop classes: Sunday (10/2)

  • Watanabe, Ken
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi Everyone!

      Just a reminder that the early registration deadline for both our
      Beginning and Intermediate Wednesday night Lindy Hop classes in the
      Haight is Sunday night, October 2 at 11:59 PM. Pay only $40/person (and
      save $10 off the regular $50 price) if you register early and pay on or
      before October 2! At this point, there are 2 ways to register early:

      1) ONLINE: Sign-up and pay online at
      http://www.hepjen.com/wedclasses.html.

      2) IN PERSON: Pay either Jen or Ken in-person (cash or check payable to
      "Hep Jen") on Sunday, October 2, at Lindy in the Park
      (http://www.lindyinthepark.com).

      If you cannot register early, you can still pay full price ($50, cash or
      check payable to "Hep Jen"), and register in person on the first day of
      class on Wednesday, October 5 (space permitting). Please show up to
      class 15 minutes early (see class times below) to register in person.

      INTERMEDIATE LINDY HOP: WEDNESDAYS 7:00-8:00PM
      We'll cover Swingout and Charleston variations, jazz steps, fancy
      footwork, styling, leader/follower connection, musicality, and more,
      with all new material each month. To take the Intermediate Lindy Hop
      class, you must be confident in the material we have covered in our
      Beginning Lindy Hop class: Swingout, Side-by-Side Charleston, Lindy
      Circle, and some basic variations of these steps. We're looking forward
      to another fun class!

      BEGINNING LINDY HOP: WEDNESDAYS 8:15-9:15PM
      Our Beginning Lindy Hop class covers the same basic steps (Swingout,
      Charleston, Lindy Circle) each month, but with different turns and
      variations in the later weeks of class. So if you'd like some more
      practice with your basic steps before moving ahead to Intermediate, next
      month's Beginning class will give you good reinforcement while still
      giving you a few new steps to play with. But as always, beginners with
      no experience are also welcome.

      NEXT CLASS SERIES (OCTOBER):
      DATES: Wednesdays, October 5, 12, 19, 26 (4-week series)
      INSTRUCTORS: Hep Jen & Ken Watanabe
      COST: $50/person per 4-week series ($40 if pre-register by Sunday,
      October 2)

      LOCATION:
      Page Street Studio, 1295 Page St. (at Lyon), San Francisco
      (Haight-Ashbury)
      Easy access by public transportation: MUNI bus lines 6, 21, 33, 37, 43,
      71

      DETAILS:
      * A new 4-week class series starts at the beginning of each month
      * Progressive 1-hr classes move at a quick pace, building on previous
      weeks' material
      * No partners required, all ages
      * Recommend bringing a clean, comfortable pair of shoes--no high heels

      For more information about this class, other classes, and the
      instructors, please visit http://www.hepjen.com/wedclasses.html

      See you dancing!
      Ken Watanabe

      P.S. Please feel free to forward this announcement.

      Swing Dance Instructors:
      Hep Jen
      http://www.hepjen.com
      e-mail: hepjen@...

      Ken Watanabe
      http://www.lindyinthepark.com
      e-mail: ken@...
      phone: 415-420-3147

      (Both Hep Jen & Ken are available to teach private lessons)