Balboa & Lindy Hop May Series starts 5th & 6th

  • Heidi
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2004
      Because Steve & Heidi are getting married at the end of May and
      going on their honeymoon, there are a few changes to the schedule.

      May Schedule
      Wednesday, May 5, 12, 19 & 26
      Lindy Hop (all levels) smooth style 7-8 pm
      Beg. Balboa 8-9 pm
      200 Grand 9-11pm DJ swing dance --only $5 or free with class.
      Steve & Heidi will be teaching May 5, 12 & 19 and the Oaktown
      Alligators very own and talented Jeff & Carol will take over on May
      26th & June 2 & 9.
      May & June will be on a drop-in basis. Steve & Heidi will return to
      teaching the classes on June 16.

      Three Specials Deals:
      1) Cinco de Mayo, bring cinco amigos who've never been to 200 Grand
      & get in free.
      2) For the 1st two weeks of June, drop-ins with Jeff & Carol will be
      $10 per class or only $15 for BOTH Balboa & Lindy Hop.
      3) June 30th Partner Charleston Workshop, see details below.

      Thursday, May 6 & 13 only
      Int. Bal-Swing 7-8 pm
      Adv. Bal-Swing 8-9 pm
      The Thursday series will run for only the first two Thursdays of May
      and will not take place May 20 & 27 or June 3 & 10.
      Thursday classes will resume June 17th.
      Thursday classes for May & June will be on a drop-in basis, $12 each
      class per person.

      COMING WEDNESDAY JUNE 25th: 2 hour 20's & 30's Style Partner
      Charelston Workshop!
      This is always a favorite and we get requests for this workshop
      regularly, so we'll be bringing it back on Wed. June 25th.
      We will teach the individual Charleston moves and incorporate those
      moves into what became 20's & 30's Partner Charleston, the
      beginnings of Lindy Hop. Workshop is from 7-9 pm and costs $24 per
      person. As always the class includes admission to the 200 Grand
      dance, and NO partner or experience is necessary.

      CINCO DE MAYO SPECIAL: Bring cinco amigos who've never been to 200
      Grand and get in free (if they've only been to the grand opening,
      they'll count). So bring your tecate, tequilla and amigos and come
      celebrate cinco de Mayo this Wednesday at 200 Grand!
      www.200grand.com

      All classes and 200 Grand are held at the very convenient and
      centrally located Lake Merritt Dance Center ("LMDC") at 200 Grand at
      Harrison in Oakland. Free parking, near BART and just off 580. No
      partner needed for any class. Classes are always gay friendly.
      Please contact us at steveandheidi@... if you have any
      questions. You can check out all the details on our website.

      Happy Dancing!
      Steve & Heidi
      www.balboaswing.com