Alberto's is Swingin' in the New Year!

  • Shagtime@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2002
      Dear Swing Dancers-

      Happy New Year! Hope you survived the busy holiday season.
      Ready to start the new year right? Come on out to Alberto's in
      Mountain View. We're still swingin' every Wednesday night.

      We feature swing music of the 1930s to 50s, with a few other songs
      thrown in. Great for East Coast Swing and Lindy Hop, as well as
      Balboa.

      The sound system is very good, and there is plenty of space on
      the floor. I often play "music videos" of the bands we love to dance to.
      Check out the local restaurants on Castro Street for food beforehand.

      This week, starting Jan 2, we'll be starting a new 5-week series of Lindy Hop
      classes. Here is the schedule. You are welcome to take the East Coast
      Swing class if you are signed up for a Lindy Hop class. Here's the schedule:

      Every Wednesday Night
      6 - 7 pm Intermediate Lindy Hop (5-week series $42)
      (must enroll at beginning of each month)
      7 - 8 pm Beginning Lindy Hop (5-week series $42)
      (must enroll at beginning of each month)
      8 - 9 pm Drop-in East Coast Swing lesson ($8)
      ($10 if there is a live band)
      9 - 11 pm DJ music ($5)

      Location:

      Alberto's
      736 W Dana
      Street, just off Castro Street.
      (650) 968-3007

      Michael Marangio
      http://www.zootsuitswank.com

      Email or call if you have any questions. Look for us at the next
      Northern Caliornia Lindy Society's "Frankie Manning Weekend"
      January 25-27. Persephone and I will be teaching some fun
      Charleston steps. (See www.NCLS.com for details).

      Consider taking private lessons to speed up your progress in Lindy Hop.

      Michael Marangio
      www.zootsuitswank.com