[sfswing] Steven Mitchell's new Lindy Hop Videos!

  • Judy Pritchett
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 1999
      Dear Swing Dancer,

      So many people have asked me to contact them when Steven Mitchell's Lindy
      Hop videos came out, that I decided to send the news to everybody on my
      mailing list. (If you do not want to receive email announcements like this,
      please let me know by return email.)

      If you know Steven Mitchell's incredible dancing or teaching, then you
      know why this is a momentous occasion. If you don't know him: He is a
      fantastic dancer whose roots are solidly in original Savoy style Lindy Hop
      -- he studied with both Al Minns and Frankie Manning. His influences are
      many, including such diverse sources as Hip Hop and West Coast Swing. He
      sings and has whipped up a wonderful CD called "Just Wanna Swing", which
      includes an homage to his friend Ryan Francois' creation, Jitterbug Stroll.

      Most of all, Steven has an absolutely unique style of teaching. He wants
      his students to really get it, to really understand this thing called
      swing, and the importance of the connection between partners. He teaches in
      a funny, colorful and often powerful way.

      In his new videos he has combines his unique teachings on the essence of
      the Lindy Hop with a good solid foundation of steps and techniques.
      Starting with the basics,(Videos #1 and #2) which any dancer can benefit
      from, he builds, adds a wonderful selection of Jazz Steps,(#3) which he
      does to perfection, and then whips it altogether in increasingly complex
      and absolutely beautiful patterns that are Steven's own. Now they can be
      yours.(#4 and #5) He is ably partnered by Louise Thwaite, herself a unique
      Lindy Hopper who is strongly influenced by Tango.

      There are 5 videos in all. The first, Basics, is an hour and a half long.
      The next four are an hour each. Each video is $45. There is a special of
      all five for $200. or any 3 for $132.

      You can find out more information on these videos at the SavoyStyle Swing
      Dance Shop http://swingdanceshop.com You can order them online or by
      toll-free phone at 1-888-50-SAVOY (1-888-507-2869.)

      Keep on swingin'

      Judy

      Mail Order videos, t-shirts and more
      SavoyStyle Swing Dance Shop - "A solid sender"
      http://swingdanceshop.com

      Visit The Archives of Early Lindy Hop
      http://www.savoystyle.com