New Smooth Lindy Series Starts Tonight!

  • michaelquebec
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2013
      Hey Dancers!

      Our new Smooth Lindy Hop series starts tonight and our new Rockabilly Jiving and East Coast Swing series starts this Friday, both at Fremont Adult and Continuing Education!
      Smooth Lindy Hop is that style of swing dancing that can be seen in films from The Big Band Era of the 1940's and The Rock n' Roll Era of the 1950's.  It is the direct precursor to West Coast Swing, but done to faster boogie woogie rhythms and with flashy footwork variations!
      Rockabilly Jiving is the style of adapted swing brought by G.I.s to Europe and simplified into a fast and fun style done to 1950's Rock n' Roll!
      Our Tuesday Smooth Lindy classes are for dancers who want to "shine" (show off!) on the dance floor and who love working through complex moves through dedicated practice.  Tuesday classes have both a beginner level for those with no experience and an intermediate advanced level, for those with 6 months or more experience.  This class is a progressive class, with sessions aimed at increasing dancers' skill levels.  In addition to Smooth Lindy, Balboa is taught in the Intermediate Class.
      Our Friday Jiving and East Coast Swing classes are for students who want something quick, easy to learn, and readily usable on the dance floor with little (or no) outside practice.  Friday classes require no prior experience whatsoever and is non-progressive.  "Skill" is not as important as having FUN!  In addition to Rockabilly Jiving, East Coast Swing is taught by the third week.  (Note:  Our Rockabilly Jiving should not be confused with the Jive taught in the Latin section of the International Standard Ballroom Curriculum.  We are teaching a simplified retro dance style and NOT the ballroom style in our class.)
      And before we give you the class info below, you probably want to know about the instructor, Mike Quebec.  Pictures are worth a thousand words, so a video is probably worth a million!  Here he is on You Tube with the teaser for his new FREE   online  series with his partner Gina:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5uJ-jmH-Rs&feature=c4-overview&list=UUgqj2qdsXgOtEAm3YemI96A
      Here is the info on tonight's Smooth Style Lindy class:
      Six week session starts on Tuesday, September 3, 2012 8:00 p.m. is the beginners 7:00 p.m. is the intermediate and advanced $36 per person Fremont Adult and Continuing Education Noll Building 4700 Calaveras Avenue, Fremont, CA 94538
      To register: Call (510)-793-6465 (Class title is Swing Dance...Retro.  Please state if you're doing the beginner or advanced class.  A beginner level is with no experience while intermediate and advanced is with 3 to 6 months of experience.) or Beginners: http://register.face.edu/Classes.asp?txtAction=LoadSections&txtCourseGroupID=8&txtCourseCode=2274
      Intermediate/Advanced: http://register.face.edu/Classes.asp?txtAction=LoadSections&txtCourseGroupID=8&txtCourseCode=2275
      Here's the info on the Jiving class:
      Five week session starts on Friday, September 6, 2013 (No class on September 20th.  The teachers will be performing at Newark Days that day!) 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. $30 per person Fremont Adult and Continuing Education Noll Building 4700 Calaveras Avenue, Fremont, CA 94538
      To register: Call (510)-793-6465 (Class title is "Swing Dancing Made Simple:  East Coast Swing and Rockabilly Jiving" or  http://register.face.edu/Classes.asp?txtAction=LoadSections&txtCourseGroupID=8&txtCourseCode=2273
      And if you would like private instruction, contact Michael Quebec at (510)-240-2732.  With over 20 years of teaching experience, he will give you a great deal (ask about his FREE no obligation trial lessons!)